[Tutorial] Pandora's Battery Installation Procedure

<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:22 pm

With this pack there is a "Pandora Installer". This is a Homebrew program. You need a psp with custom firmware in order to run homebrew, since the official firmware can't run homebrew. So you will need a second psp with custom firmware on it in order to make the pandora's battery.
<<

Darkbiship

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:37 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:You need to use the homebrewed psp to actually make the "magic memory stick" and the "jigkick" battery - then you put those in the secondary psp.

-DarkPacMan77-

how do you make that one homebrew capable? I have acces to one but Its not homebrew, is there another way to make a 3.40 PSP brew friendly( fat psp)
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Nope, you will have to downgrade first. You need a psp that can run homebrew since the Pandora Installer is a HOMEBREW app, so you need a psp with custom firmware in order to make the pandora's battery and magic memory stick.
<<

Darkbiship

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:46 pm

AdventWolf wrote:Nope, you will have to downgrade first. You need a psp that can run homebrew since the Pandora Installer is a HOMEBREW app, so you need a psp with custom firmware in order to make the pandora's battery and magic memory stick.

I get that, but the second psp is not brew, and is running the same firmware as mine, so what should I do?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:57 pm

You'll need a psp with custom firmware :(. 2 psps on official firmware just makes it worse.
<<

Darkbiship

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 pm

AdventWolf wrote:You'll need a psp with custom firmware :(. 2 psps on official firmware just makes it worse.

great, any one in montana with a custom firmware PSP?
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm

thanks for this tutorial, it helped me figure a lot of things out, and helped me learn about all of this stuff.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Can somebody tell me if the PSP-280 is compatible? I did a bit of research and found that it doesn't work for some. If it isn't, would it damage the battery to attempt Pandora? I may finally found somebody at my school that is a homebrew candidate (never updated :) )
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

chromakey

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Revert Pandora Battery

Good Day:

I used Pandora battery to mod a psp and I did save the eeprom info. But when I reverted back to norma I did not use the eeprom backup so it generated a fake number. Can I use the Pandora program again to load the eeprom data? Or is just better to leave it as is? I am planning to make it into a Pandora Battery again to mod a friends psp.

Thanks for the help,
Michael
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:30 am

radz wrote:Ok Somebody need to take a quote of this on all the tutorials YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER PSP THAT CAN RUN HOMEBREW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR PSP, I HAVE A PSP SLIM THAT I DOWNGRADED WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM ANOTHER PSP..... it took me a whole week reading and researching on how I can do it, (well most of my wait is waiting for my 4gb memory stick to arrive) Well heres what you need to do, You have to buy another psp battery, coz if you dont have access to another psp that can run homebrew, you cant make a pandora battery unless you hardmod it, GOOGLE "HOW TO HARDMOD PANDORA BATTERY" you should see pictures of what you need to do with your battery to make it run in services mode buy soldering or taking away one pin, YOU CAN MAKE A MAGIC MEMORY STICK WITH A REGULAR PSP. JUST DOWNLOAD TOTALNEWBIE EASY INTALLERFILE, GOOGLE IT, so once you have a HARDMODDED BATTERY and a MAGIC MEMORY STICK all you have to do is load the MAGIC MEMORY STICK FIRST, THEN THE HARDMODDED BATTERY, I suggest you charged the battery first before you HARDMOD it.

NOTE. IT IS HARD TO HARDMOD A BATTERY AND IT IS HARDER TO PUT THE SAME BATTERY BACK TO A NORMAL BATTERY.

We know about that method...this tutorial was written before that method was released. If you check around our forums you would notice some links to hardmodding batteries and reference to the totalnewbiinstaller program. It's really not hard at all to hardmod a battery, just isnt recommended as anyones first choice. If your going to hardmod a battery you might as well throw a switch in there to flip between normal and service...so if you add that in there its even easier to switch back and forth.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Arbalest

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:39 am

fk

now this is really getting annoying.. everytime i try and run the battery firm. installer it always says "the game could not be started blah blah blah.. could you tell me what i am doing wrong..
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:16 pm

The pandora installer requires a psp that can run homebrew since it is a homebrew app.
<<

meonice

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:00 am

dude, why is it when i try doing step#15 it always say "Game could not be read (8002014C)"?
What do you think what it means?
Sorry..kinda newbie in here..also my first time to bricked myPSP.
Thanks to all....
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:07 pm

AdventWolf wrote:The pandora installer requires a psp that can run homebrew since it is a homebrew app.
<<

meonice

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:27 pm

dude, i used a PSP with CFW3.90 M33, do you think it's enough?how would i know that the unit i'm using can read homebrew apps or not?

thanks for your help...
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials