crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:59 pm

PSP-3000 Hacked -- FOR REAL THIS TIME!

http://www.qj.net/New-PSP-exploit-found ... aid/127658

Exploit found in Gripshift allows homebrew on all PSP models, motherboards, and firmware.
He beat me too it... Lol, I was hoping on getting my RSS/Webbrowser exploit up and running before anyone found another exploit.

Hopefully this'll evolve from a proof-of-concept into a full HEN.
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 pm

finish your exploit! more than 1 is always better.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 am

It says it was tested on 4.01 m33-2, in the video he states its being run on a psp-3000...I'm guessing they'e got everything up and running already and are just working out bugs at the moment.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:15 pm

<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: PSP-3000 Hacked -- FOR REAL THIS TIME!

crait wrote:Hopefully this'll evolve from a proof-of-concept into a full HEN.

Silly crait... always thinking about chickens...

:D

This is some good news though. I'll be following it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: PSP-3000 Hacked -- FOR REAL THIS TIME!

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
crait wrote:Hopefully this'll evolve from a proof-of-concept into a full HEN.

Silly crait... always thinking about chickens...

:D

This is some good news though. I'll be following it.

-DarkPacMan77-

Chickens?
And I guess you're out of the loop, see. An HEN's already been developed, yet not released.
Team Noobz is working on an eLoader to run homebrew with, then an HEN.
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:57 pm

sweet finally my midget friend will stop annoying me to mod his with a pandoras battery
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm

I've toyed with the idea of getting a PSP 3000 cause of the microphone. When I was traveling in Vietnam, I had my PSP headphones with the built in mic to use skype. It was sooo useful. BUT, I had to have those special headphones. With a built in mic I could just have headphones of my liking and still have access to skype.

Of course, a loader is not going to be enough for me... If I shell out the bucks for a 3000, I was CFW. Then I'll have a 1000, 2000, and 3000... all bought in Japan.

It is nice that they've made such great strides so quickly. I think the 3000 revitalized the scene since it gave them a new challenge. After Pandoras, I'm sure some people got bored because there were really no utilities to code... just pop in the batt and you're good to go.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 pm

ok now what I don't understand is why the HEN for this hasn't been released. I have seen the explanation but it is a ridiculous reason.

They say that they want to wait until another exploit is found to make the release... but what if another one isn't found??? And why does it matter if Sony already patched the current gripshift exploit??????

If somebody can tell me how releasing the Gripshift HEN program will harm the psp 3000 in the future please explain, I'm all ears.
Steeler12
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah, the explanation behind waiting for another exploit is ridiculous!
They don't need another one.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Well its not just ridiculous... it makes NO sense at all logically.

They don't want to compromise their exploit, but Sony already patched it! So its not like its of any use to new 3000's anyway.
They revealed the exploit which is just as bad as releasing it.
Steeler12
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:04 pm

"Hen is a Homebrew Enabler. It allows homebrews to launch whilst still on official firmware. Miriam’s used two exploits in order to be installed: Gripshift’s (public) and another one (private this time) that allows the activation of the kernel mode, therefore giving access to the flash’s functions.
The eLoader is a program that allows the launch of homebrews that only require user mode to start. It will be launched via the Gripshift exploit and will compatible with all PSPs with firmware up to 5.02. With the help of this program, it will be possible to launch all “user mode” homebrews already existing on PSPs that are not on Custom Firmware. This opens the door to a long list of games, emulators and other utilities. This eLoader will not allow you to launch programs requiring the Kernel Mode like flashers, utilities using the flash or the PSX emulator and ISO launcher. Its release was announced by Fanjita who didn’t specify on the date and asked not to be harassed about it to be able to work in peace.

Sony patched the exploit so give us the thing to launch the homebrews/ISOs (HEN)

This comment is the proof of a complete lack of knowledge on this subject. We’re going to try to be as clear as possible about this.

The Gripshift gamesave exploit allows the launch of a code that doesn’t have the Sony signature even if the PSP is still on Official Firmware. It is with this exploit that it is possible to launch homebrews via the binary loader for Euro or US and it is also it that will allow team Noobz’s future eLoader to launch, which itself will be used to launch homebrews in user mode (see above).
This exploit was patched in the firmware 5.03. As long as a PSP remains with a firmware prior to this one, this exploit will be active. So if you want to enjoy yourself do not update your PSP.
The exploit used by Miriam to access Kernel Mode and install the HEN (Homebrew Enabler) is an exploit qui can not be made public for various reasons. If the current version of the HEN was made available online, which is what a good few are expecting, the kernel exploit used to install it would be patched straight away, like the Gripshift’s one. This Kernel exploit is way more valuable than the Gripshift’s and if Sony was to patch it this could be the end to the VIP access that some underground devs, such as Dark_Alex, are using to hack the console."

That is an excerpt from the explanation given by the guys with the HEN. If you read it a few times it just contradicts itself a few times.

From what I understand this as saying is, that there are two ways to enter HEN mode, one through gripshift and one through a different method. Which would contradict that they need another method before release...

But later he says that the gripshift exploit has no relevance to the HEN mode...?
Steeler12
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 am

Whoa, that is wicked sickk! ^_^
由美子
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Yumiko wrote:Whoa, that is wicked sickk! ^_^

what is?

And I guess my question here would be: If gripshift can get the PSP to HEN mode, and the Gripshift exploit is already patched... then why is the HEN program not able to be public?

I've seen Videos of the guy use the gripshift exploit to put his PSP into HEN mode, and they say they have another exploit other than gripshift. It just doesn't add up.
Steeler12
<<

crackcandy

Young Brewer

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 am

i am a psp 1000 owner and have been looking into the 3000 for sometime i am waiting for this too happen before i go out and buy one
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable