<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 pm

PSP getting "The Short End Of The Stick"

PSP owners getting "The Short End Of The Stick" PSP in trouble!

Lately we have seen many great games come out like, Shaun White snowboarding and God of war:Chains of olympus.
but there are other consoles out there that also expect great games to come out, but mabey some companys have forgotten about us. The moddern PSP holders. some of these companys are just wanting to give more varity to their players. Such as Microsoft with the Xbox 360 and Nindendo with the WII. But there is one console that is forgotten one that well no one really cares about I speak of corse about the Sony PSP. From the midnight release of the PS3 alot has been in the Newspaper about the PS3 like some one got shot over one but that is not what im writing about. From day one of the Nintendo DS release people were hooked. But it wasnt until about 5 months before Sony said "we need to come out with a handheld too." So after weeks and weeks of testing and programming sony made something great. The PSP 1000.

Now people may say that the PSP was too much back then starting at 400 dollars a peace. about a year later the PSP 2000 AKA "slim" was introduced to the public in Piano black or silver. and after months of programming and hacking the PSP 1000 was cracked. But lately some PSP owners were feeling kinda bored with their PSP. Because now we have games like Guitar hero, Fallout 3, Gears of war and halo 3 but on the Xbox and Wii. The compititon companys. even the nintendo DS gets its own Guitar hero and Tony hawk games! but meanwhile the simple PSP owner stands back and watches His or Her compeating company get slaughterd by Nintendo DS. So if sony doesnt get a couple of good games like God of war and Shaun White the PSP and Sony could be in trouble.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Lets get some of your facts straight...

The PSP came out at the end of 2004 in japan and 2005 in the states. The slim wasn't released until 07 giving the original a 2 year life span. Even now I see tons of people in Japan carrying the original model around.

You can't compare the PSP to the 360, ps3, or even the wii... they are just in completely different categories of gaming. It's not like a game developed for those consoles can simply be ported over to PSP. It's going to take the creation of a whole new game.

I can't find DS stats at the moment, but my gut tells me the DS is outselling the PSP. The DS is cheap, has good battery life, and a nice simple design. If it is outselling of course you are going to see more things being sold for it...

Back to the PSP, Sony has already stated that they are going to start focusing on selling games through the PSN. That being said, of course there's going to be a decline in game releaes.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:15 pm

The PSP is not 'going down.'
I hate all those little news articles coming out all over the place. There's absolutely nothing backing them up except people saying "What goes up must come down."
Sure, the DSi is coming out, who cares?
Sony will only make more and better games with better competition. And really who is planning on getting one? I know that it's not going to be computable with a lot of the DS games such as Guitar Hero (one of its best sellers.) Face the facts, there's no upgrade in processor or graphics, just a bigger screen. Why would you want a bigger screen with the same resolution? So COD for the DS can look even crappier? Give me a break.
The PSP is flawless right now. I read the article in Game Informer about the screen issues. So what? They don't really look different and people never noticed it until QJ had that article about it.
With homebrew coming via Gripshift, expect a mega jump in PSP sells. Read those posts on here about people wanting to get a PSP but could only find a PSP-3000 so they didn't?
Well, now they will.
The PSP is getting into full swing right now! The graphics are finally getting where they need to be for the platform. Chains of Olympus looks stunning and Coded Arms and Burnout are right up there with it!
There's plenty and plenty of games to look out for and with CES right now, they're showing off a lot of them!
Resistance: Retribution is gonna be kick-a-word. See the trailer for it? The graphics made me jizz a little.
Memory cards are dirt cheap right now. 2 GB cards are only 20 bucks, and Sony's coming out with a 2 TerraByte card soon that'll drive the 8 Gig's price to shame.
More and more people have a PSP and more and more people are talking about PSP's. Everywhere I look at school, people have them. I was talking to a kid on the bus who has a DS and no PSP but likes the PSP a lot more.

And when has the PSP ever been sold for 400 dollars?!?!?!?!
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 pm

crait wrote:

When they first came out with it
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:33 pm

crait wrote:Resistance: Retribution is gonna be kick-a-word. See the trailer for it? The graphics made me jizz a little.

Nice, everything you said was right. The technology and game can only get better now and I am definitely pumped for Resistance, 1 and 2 for the PS3 are the bomb! There will most likely be online play as well, and if it is anything like Resistance 2 it will own. However the lack of buttons might hinder the gameplay.

EDIT: We also have Kingdom Hearts to look forward to on PSP.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:13 pm

toxy2751 wrote:When they first came out with it

Show me proof.
I bought mine for 250 dollars.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I believe my PSP bundle in early 05 was 300 here in Japan
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 pm

I bought mine for $169 in 09/07.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:45 am

dont forget english dissidia and the third birthday ;)
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:46 am

toxy2751 wrote:
crait wrote:

When they first came out with it

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/35532
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6034.cfm

It had a $250 release price.
I don't remember exactly what the price was so I looked it up, and several websites said the price was $250...
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Resistance: Retribution will have 8 player online Advent. And you are SO going down.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Haha, we shall see about that! I'm also looking forward to Destroy all Humans, I played the first one on the PS2 and it was awesome. There is a new Monster Hunter coming out which should be good.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:28 pm

AdventWolf wrote:EDIT: We also have Kingdom Hearts to look forward to on PSP.

lol?

That game Series just destroys everyones view on final fantasy.
I love Cloud (FFVII) But Do i love donal duck with him?
not so much.

(also adventwolf is a kickass person this is not an invitation to a flame war)
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Haha np. I've played the 1st and 2nd Kingdom Hearts on PS2 and the stories are so confusing but the characters are awesome. There was much less of Final Fantasy characters in the 2nd one though. I'm most excited to be able to play in the Colosseum on the road :). (hopefully) I really liked the addition of Final Fantasy characters though, it gave it a more homey and RPG appeal to me.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:08 am

game would have been perfect if they just made it a giant final fantasy cross over. focusing on game villains instead of disney ones.
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable