Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Psp beginner having trouble

<<

green flag

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat May 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Psp beginner having trouble

well i recently ordered a psp with 1.50 firmware and 8 gig memory :D i was told that it was easy to put psx games on it
but im so confused there are thousands of videos and threads on the net and youtube they are all very confusing complicated and make no real sense

could someone please give me a brief outline of how to

put a psx game (alundra) on a firmware 1.50 psp

thanks in advance
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat May 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Well for starters...your going to want to upgrade to custom firmware to be able to play psx games on your psp. We have tutorials in our tutorial section, anything 3.03 and above will work for psx games. secondly, i'm pretty sure that 8gb cards arent supported in the 1.50 firmware as they were made compatable in one of the later firmwares, so if your having trouble with your card then you may want to purchase another card 4gb or lower.

Once your done upgrading to custom firmware, you simply create a new folder, take the eboot and keys files for your psx game and throw them in that new folder. Then place the new folder inside your game folder. You should then be able to play that game on your psp.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

green flag

Post Sat May 10, 2008 12:46 pm

staxx wrote:Well for starters...your going to want to upgrade to custom firmware to be able to play psx games on your psp. We have tutorials in our tutorial section, anything 3.03 and above will work for psx games. secondly, i'm pretty sure that 8gb cards arent supported in the 1.50 firmware as they were made compatable in one of the later firmwares, so if your having trouble with your card then you may want to purchase another card 4gb or lower.

Once your done upgrading to custom firmware, you simply create a new folder, take the eboot and keys files for your psx game and throw them in that new folder. Then place the new folder inside your game folder. You should then be able to play that game on your psp.

thanks that exacutely what i wanted to know :D

but how does saving work when you select save does it just save to the psp memory?

and how does metal gear solid work what should i do when it says insert disc 2?
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am

when you select save it will save like any regular umd game. It saves the information inside a savedata folder on your memory card.

The disc portion is a good question. In the past we would just use the keys.bin from the first discs eboot on the second/third/fourth discs eboot. Once you've got those two files together then you should be able to load up your next discs. Dont know if that explained it well enough, if not someone else should be able to provide a different insite on the matter. Another solution to that problem...There was a program released that combines all the discs into one big eboot and keys file so that you wont need to swap for a disc change. I believe its called the multi-disc popsloader.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun May 11, 2008 10:30 am

If you upgrade to any Custom Firmware Higher than 3.52m33-4, the Multi Disc PS1 Emulator is built in, and if you have an 8gb card the best solution is to download the entire game as one big file, so then you dont actually have to swap discs or anything, the game simply prompts the switch and you do it via the PSX menu while playing. If you dont understand now, just upgrade to a CFW 3.71m33 or above and then download MGS or something as the Entire game rather than individual discs. After you start to play you'll understand, and also the savegames work exactly like the regular psp game saves so it all works fine. I hope that helped. Also a lot of times you dont need the Keys anymore.
Steeler12
<<

green flag

Post Sun May 11, 2008 12:18 pm

thanks lads for all the help that really cleared up all my problems :D

one more question do you have to have a random umd in the slot to play the eboots or can it be empty?
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun May 11, 2008 12:43 pm

The only time you "need" a UMD in the slot, is if you are running an ISO (the file from the UMD) off of your memory stick and you have the ISO Mode set to "UMD required" but you can also use the "no umd" setting by simply changing the setting in the VSH or Recovery Menu. So really you never Need a UMD.
Steeler12
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Adding to steelers information...

The umd has to be a game or game demo. movie umd's wont work.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon May 12, 2008 4:19 pm

i use the Demo Disc that game with the value pack haha
Steeler12
<<

green flag

Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:39 pm

one last question lads is there a popsloader for the 3.52 m33-4?
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:51 pm

I believe it is the M33popsloader on the Dark alex website
Steeler12

Return to PSP Help