Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I'm completely new to homebrew, and I just want to make sure I do this right before I end up ruining a brand new battery.

I just bought a 3.6V, 2200 mAh Sony "stamina" battery. I've only got one PSP, firmware 3.80, but I do have both a 1 GB and 32 MB memory card (both Sony). I wish to create a Pandora's Battery and magic stick.

Will this battery work, and do I so far seem to understand what I'm doing? As far as the pictures go, I can figure them out, but I haven't taken the new battery out of the package because I don't want to until I have some verification that what I'm doing is correct. If someone could stay with me through this process I would appreciate it.
<<

erccccc

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu May 15, 2008 2:54 pm

I would use your 1800mh battery cause the stanmina one is better and it would be stupid to use that and not the lesser battery.

*Edit and im not sure if the stanmina ones work as a pandora's thats why sony only sells those and not the old ones anymore. Some people say they work but I wouldn't know myself
<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Post Thu May 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Okay, and that way if it works I can just return this other battery and forget I ever thought of spending $40 on another battery. Nice.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:24 pm

The new "lasting" batteries that are on the shelves for the psp now are all fixorized by Sony so you can't use them, so just use the old battery and revert it back to normal.
<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 2:40 am

Update: Used my old battery and the guide to installing CFW with only one PSP. The menu for installing CFW comes up when my PSP is turned on (must be plugged into a wall to turn on for some reason...), and it lets me dump the nand, but when I go to install the CFW itself it hesitates, then says "Battery must be at least at 50%", and then shuts off. I have a fully charged battery. Any ideas?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri May 16, 2008 2:53 am

When in Pandora Mode you can't charge your battery, it may look like its full, but you'll probably need to unpandorize it then charge it then install the cfw. Maybe?
<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 11:07 am

I'd try that solution, but I don't know how to unpandorize a hard-modded battery.
<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 11:50 am

New Update:

I'm not sure how, but I got the CFW to install! I had to plug it into the wall to get it to work... wouldn't automatically turn on with my battery, but it still installed.

So here's my next batch of questions:
1) How do I actually use this firmware now that I have it? Do I need to use a regular battery (i.e. my pandora's is no longer useful?)? What about the magic memory stick?

2) I would like to have NES, GB, and N64 emulators on my PSP. Which programs do I need?

Thanks so much!
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri May 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Golden wrote:New Update:

I'm not sure how, but I got the CFW to install! I had to plug it into the wall to get it to work... wouldn't automatically turn on with my battery, but it still installed.

1) How do I actually use this firmware now that I have it? Do I need to use a regular battery (i.e. my pandora's is no longer useful?)? What about the magic memory stick?

2) I would like to have NES, GB, and N64 emulators on my PSP. Which programs do I need?

Thanks so much!

Personally, If I were you I'd get a glass break box and put my Pandora and MS in it and keep it ICEd. I.C.E - In Case of Emergency.
All you need is a regular battery and a regular MS.

Now:
NES = NesterJ v0.20
SNES = UO SNES9x
GB/GBC = Homers Rin
GBA = gpSP 0.9
N64 = Daedalus R12

Look in the downloads section for all of these emulators.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Golden

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 12:03 pm

roxfox64 wrote:
Golden wrote:New Update:

Thanks so much!

Personally, If I were you I'd get a glass break box and put my Pandora and MS in it and keep it ICEd. I.C.E - In Case of Emergency.
All you need is a regular battery and a regular MS.

Now:
NES = NesterJ v0.20
SNES = UO SNES9x
GB/GBC = Homers Rin
GBA = gpSP 0.9
N64 = Daedalus R12

Look in the downloads section for all of these emulators.

Thank you for the fast response. I have one quick question:
I have another battery, but my other memory stick is very small (32 megs). Can I unformat the magic stick and use that as my normal stick now again?
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri May 16, 2008 12:08 pm

You sure can! You should buy a 512 MB stick to use as the magic stick(Again with that accidental pun) In case you need it. Just re-do the MMS creation process with the 512 MB stick.

They are cheap :)
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri May 16, 2008 1:43 pm

There is a Daedalus 13 now, and I think 14 is not to far along the way.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 pm

AdventWolf wrote:There is a Daedalus 13 now, and I think 14 is not to far along the way.

True, but R13 sucks!!!!!
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon

Return to PSP Help