TVU on PSP...

<<

Sypher

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 am

TVU on PSP...

Hello, new here, if you can't tell. Anyway, I was just curious, I've seen a lot of stream TVU/TVAnts to your PSP from you PC. I'm just curious, is there simply a way to install TVU straight to your PSP, so when your PSP is connected to a wifi connection, it can play TVU straight from an eboot or something without the need of the computer as the middle man? And if not, couldn't such an application be done? There are ways of installing operating systems onto the PSP, so why not a application?

I'm constantly moving around the world, I've been to 5 different countries in the last year alone, so a desktop PC is not a luxury of mine. And yes, I do take my laptop with me everywhere, but it's kind of redundant to turn my laptop on to watch tv on my PSP when I could just watch it on the laptop. I would be nice to stop in a McDonalds to have a bite to eat and watch tv on my PSP, instead of having to take the time to take out my laptop, plug it in, turn it on, ect. Doesn't anyone agree?

So again, I'm just curious if there's a way to install and run TVU/TVAnts straight to the PSP or anyone with the capabilities and time to create an eboot/file for the PSP that can do such a thing.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:39 am

Tivo-to-go or Sony's Location Free Player, Both will set you back $150.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, they both cost 150 and they require internet connection. Locationfree player is actual streaming TV, and Tivo-to go is recorded TV
Steeler12
<<

Sypher

Young Brewer

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Hm... okay, so is there a homebrew version of Tivo to go or Location Free Player?
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

No, because you would still need some device to submit the videos in a feed on the internet to your PSP.

I think if you scour ebay you could find a cheap LCF.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Sypher

Young Brewer

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Well why can't there be someway to simply install TVU or something onto the PSP, what does streaming it though the computer do that the PSP couldn't? Why can't an app be made that works like PSPhone? PSPhone has you get a service like Voipbuster, Voipcheap, ect and stream them to the PSP to call landlines and such. Why can't a similar app be made that allows you to stream services like TVU and TVAnts to the PSP to watch TV? Yes more information would be streaming, but as long as the internet connection can handle it I would think that the PSP would be able to do it...

Return to PSP Help