Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Total Noob, I've Read the Tutorials, Just Want to Make Sure

<<

Phystarstk

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 am

Total Noob, I've Read the Tutorials, Just Want to Make Sure

Okay, I've read a number of FAQs and tutorials, and, before I buy a PSP, I wanted to make sure of a few things. I'm sorry to make a topic out of this, but, despite all the FAQs and tutorials I've read, I'm still not convinced about a few things. Without further delay:

1. I'm under the impression that I can downgrade ANY PSP (slim or phat) with a Pandora Battery. Is this correct?
2. I'm under the impression that, once I can downgrade any system, I can get the newest custom firmware on it. Is this correct?
3. I'm under the impression that, once I put the newest custom firmware on it, I should be able to run almost all homebrew. Is this a fact? Is this true even with the slim?
4. I'm under the impression that emulators work as well on the newest custom firmware as the old firmware and old custom firmware. Is this true?
5. I'm under the impression that emulators work as well on Slim as on Phat PSP's. Is this true?
6. Are there any real differences between Slim and Phat PSP's with homebrew and emulation?
7. In case I buy a pre-modded PSP, are there any major differences between the newest custom firmware and, say, 3.5?

Basically, I want to get a PSP mostly for emulation and homebrew. However, I don't want to end up with a system that can run homebrew but not emulation homebrew or a system that is less compatible. I'd like to get a new Slim PSP, use Pandora's Battery to downgrade it, install the newest custom firmware, then install homebrew emulators and emulate. Is there anything major I'm missing? Is there a high chance of bricking my PSP during this process?

Thanks again, and sorry!
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:15 pm

1. Yes
2. Well you cant downgrade a psp slim, you just install Custom firmware straight to it, its the newest and easiest method.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes, in some cases better, although sometimes you need different versions to run on the slim.
6. Not really, you just need the slim version of the homebrew.
7. If you do, you can always just upgrade to the latest CFW, once you are on CFW you no longer need downgraders or pandora as long as you dont brick.

You dont want to actually downgrade your psp slim, that method is old back for the phat psps. You just want to use pandora and the latest Despertar Cementerio to install CFW directly to your psp. And no. The process is actually the same process used to Unbrick a psp.
Steeler12
<<

Phystarstk

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the help! I just ordered a Pandora Battery from Deal Extreme. I plan on getting a Slim PSP in a few weeks, around when I get the battery and I have some more cash.

I'm so excited!
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 pm

A world of homebrew...will make you so addicted, your eyes will stay glued to the PSP for minutes!
Then you'll want to feed your dog!

Oh and once you get CFW, I'd recommend the SNES emulator; Zombies Ate my Neighbors is theee best game ever :DD
由美子
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:29 am

Yumiko wrote:A world of homebrew...will make you so addicted, your eyes will stay glued to the PSP for minutes!
Then you'll want to feed your dog!

Oh and once you get CFW, I'd recommend the SNES emulator; Zombies Ate my Neighbors is theee best game ever :DD

It's good, but not the best.
Yoshi's Island is the best SNES game.
Tee Hee!

My Personal Best Games Ever List

Return to PSP Help