Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

I have 4.05 and I really want cfw can some one assist me?

<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:35 pm

I have 4.05 and I really want cfw can some one assist me?

Hi every one, I have a slim with 4.05 and things are not looking good with going through the forums hearing it can not be downgraded. But I have been wanting CFW for awhile but can not find any one with a CFW PSP around my area so I just forgot about it and upgraded my version every time as normal, but now I am going crazy I really want to get CFW I mean I see people playing Zelda and Battle Toads on their PSP who? doesn't want to play Battle Toads on a PSP! I mean that is awesome. So if any one can help that would make my year I mean I'm not a noob with electronics but I'm not Bill Gates either so it wont be to much of a difficult thing thanks for your time even if you cant help for being considerate and reading this.
I'm dat nucka!
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:33 am

For Starters, You need a pandoras battery, and a magic memory stick.

The Battery can be made by you, or bought from ebay or somewhere on the internet.

The magic memory stick has to be made by you, and it should be 1gb or lower.

Once these are obtained, you put them in your psp simultaneously and CFW is automatically installed.
Steeler12
<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Yea

I think I can make both of those (the stick and battery) but I want to make sure I have the motherboard to do this I think I have motherboard TA-085, I have the ice silve daxter psp20001 so... and I also hear people saying you cant downgrade 4.05? Thanks for your time "Steeler12". And also I try to go to newbie installer and download it, it will not open what do I open it with?
I'm dat nucka!
<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Ok I have an idea?

My nephew has a fat psp and he still has official 3.80 can I connect to his with my slim and at least try to get down to 3.80 from what I have now which is 4.05? Does this sort of thing work and if how, how do I go about it? Thanks again.
I'm dat nucka!
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: Ok I have an idea?

THExDREAMxTHIEF wrote:My nephew has a fat psp and he still has official 3.80 can I connect to his with my slim and at least try to get down to 3.80 from what I have now which is 4.05? Does this sort of thing work and if how, how do I go about it? Thanks again.

unfortunately that kind of thing wont do you any good. But it doesnt matter what kind of motherboard you have unless you are downgrading, which you arent, you actually cant on a slim. See on a phat psp the method used to be going from whatever their firmware was back to 1.5, then installing Custom firmware. Now you can just put the battery and magic memory stick in and it installs it directly. The downgrading method is obsolete, and worthless to a psp slim. See if you can make/obtain a pandora battery, and a magic memory stick.
Steeler12
<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Dude!

Man/or woman you are being a great help so I don't have to down grade? sweet, ok I understand how to make the battery and switch it back, now with the mem stick what do I just plug in my psp with stick in and dl a program? Which program? I'm sorry for all the ? but as you could imagine how cool this is,:) Thanks again!
I'm dat nucka!
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:52 pm

first off i'm a dude haha

and yes i know how awesome psp homebrew is, which is why i'm trying to help you haha

Ok so if you understand the battery part, the next step is the magic memory stick. There are a few different ways to do that, and i'm pretty sure theres an easy-installer for it. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THIS BEFORE YOU CONVERT YOUR BATTERY!!!! ---- because you need to alter the contents of your memory stick and most likely you will need to have your psp plugged into your PC to do so. Let me find the best easy installer

Here (below) is a link to the tutorial that is exactly what you need.

http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11609
Steeler12
<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:17 pm

? its me again

Ok I understand everything but when I go dl newbie installer it comes out as a torrent file and not any thing I can extract files from?
I'm dat nucka!
<<

THExDREAMxTHIEF

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:16 pm

:)

Ok I'm a newb I had to go DL winrar haha... thanks bra.
I'm dat nucka!

Return to PSP Help