Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

PSP slim v. 3.95

<<

ndan

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 pm

PSP slim v. 3.95

So, I finally got a psp, bought it off a friend who needed cash n i've been wanting one for some time, particularily for HOMEBREW. i would like to be able to do all the extras. I've modded xboxs n ps2 before but i'm having prbs due to my version of firmware really not being prevalent on the site.

Sorry if this is redundant however i need to obviously downgrade my firmware in order to mod it however how would one go about downgrading this version.

system software Version 3.95

note it does NOT say cfw which i've seen various guides mentioning.

any assistance will be most greatly appriciated..
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 pm

You will need to make a pandora's battery to install custom firmware on your psp. To "mod" it, is essentially installing custom firmware on your psp so it can run unsigned code. You need the pandora's battery and a magic memory stick. Don't worry about the name, they are both easy to make. However the easiest way to make a pandora's battery is using another psp with custom firmware on it. Or you could hardmod it by breaking a trace on the pcb for the battery. You can retrace it with a pencil once your done though. Or finally you can buy a pandora's battery. The cheapest ones we know of at $10.50 but they are shipped from like hong kong so it takes a couple weeks.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Another way is to simply pick up another battery from Gamestop or somewhere. Try the pawn shop.
Get the older battery though. The one made for the original PSP instead of Slim.
<<

ndan

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm

alright reread the post two above... can't hard mod and i don't have an already modded psp sooo... all i need to mod this thing is buy a pandora battery and i will not have anymore prbs? cause i'll try to buy one asap if thats it. i can then make the memory stick on my own right?

is there any way to do this without soldering or using an already modded psp or modded psp battery?

thanks n peace.
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Nope, the only way to downgrade a PSP with OFW 3.60+ is through Pandora.
由美子
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 pm

You don't need to any solder skills to hard mod a battery. It mostly involves just cutting a trace with a Xacto knife or something similar. Then when your done you can use a pencil to retrace the part you cut.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 pm

ace_012 wrote:You will need to make a pandora's battery to install custom firmware on your psp. To "mod" it, is essentially installing custom firmware on your psp so it can run unsigned code. You need the pandora's battery and a magic memory stick. Don't worry about the name, they are both easy to make. However the easiest way to make a pandora's battery is using another psp with custom firmware on it. Or you could hardmod it by breaking a trace on the pcb for the battery. You can retrace it with a pencil once your done though. Or finally you can buy a pandora's battery. The cheapest ones we know of at $10.50 but they are shipped from like hong kong so it takes a couple weeks.

If you got one off of DX it would take less then a week to order, then a week to ship. Happened to me when I got my Laser, took only eight days.

So I would still suggest getting one off of there.

Return to PSP Help