Maaking magic stick right now - help

<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 am

Maaking magic stick right now - help

I'm just starting to make a magic stick on a ''512MB'' card, its through the process using the easy installer.

I'm not quite sure as to what to do. It currently says:

Check Free Reserved Sector:OK
Write ABS Sector 0x10 to 0x1E7
Are You Sure ? [Y]

(I'm using this magic stick on a psp slim, yes i chose number 3. Whats this mean, is it recommended that I say yes or no?)

Update: I put in Y, it then said: MS BOOT CODE,

About 2-5seconds later it came up saying completed and thanks, etc.

Does this mean it worked? Is it safe to use?

If it is safe to use and it did work, is there anything else i must do to the stick before using it?
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:49 am

yea you've made the magic memory stick.
I'm guessing the slim has Custom Firmware on in already correct?

and in the future please make your information a little clearer by telling what version or name of the specific program you are using.
it helps narrow down the problems you may run into so we may help.
The original Equ1ox since 1997.
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:58 am

Equ1ox wrote:yea you've made the magic memory stick.
I'm guessing the slim has Custom Firmware on in already correct?

and in the future please make your information a little clearer by telling what version or name of the specific program you are using.
it helps narrow down the problems you may run into so we may help.

Not sure on the version of the installer, however i downloaded it from the link in this tutorial:

http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11609

And, no I do not have a CFW psp, however I learned the hard way on busting a battery, I have another one arriving in just a few days to Hard Mod. (I busted it once then managed to open the tricky parts of this battery without busting it a second time so i'm quite confident. Regardless, the pandora making isn't a problem on my behalf.)

(I don't have a CFW slim, however, I have access to friends who do who may, for a price would gladly help me.)

Personal Assumption: The tutorial had no details on needing a CFW psp, so i'm assuming this version of the MMS is already M33'd? (Note: I'm still yet only a beginner, and I know ''logically'' how this works but not technically.)
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 am

Yea the installer your using is the TotalNewbieInstaller. i used a version of that to do a slim myself but i have a phat psp also so its a little easier for me.

and even though your confident, cause its always a good thing, make sure you take care to follow the directions to the letter.

and ive heard of ppl using vectors tutorial before and it working great, but unless it says in the tutorial on how to revert the battery back to normal after hard mod, and I'm sure it does not, then your going to need another battery my friend.
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:14 am

Equ1ox wrote:Yea the installer your using is the TotalNewbieInstaller. i used a version of that to do a slim myself but i have a phat psp also so its a little easier for me.

and even though your confident, cause its always a good thing, make sure you take care to follow the directions to the letter.

and ive heard of ppl using vectors tutorial before and it working great, but unless it says in the tutorial on how to revert the battery back to normal after hard mod, and I'm sure it does not, then your going to need another battery my friend.

I know, i've ordered battery over ebay, I have my normal battery and the battery i busted, and a NEW battery coming in a few days which i'll be modding.

So, the MMS is completed entirely?

(I looked into this a lot and read over many tutorials, faq's, and particular topics about questions i came up with myself before even thinking about attempting anything. The money spending on batteries is entirely worth it in the end. Their cheap :3)
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:26 am

yea it should be. since you know it wrote the MS_BOOT Code and if you followed vectors directions then you should be fine.
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:28 am

Equ1ox wrote:yea it should be. since you know it wrote the MS_BOOT Code and if you followed vectors directions then you should be fine.

Neat, thanks a lot. I'm kinda relieved now that the MMS worked out good.

I'll just be patient until the battery comes in, thanks <3
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am

haha no problem.

Return to PSP Help