Recreating the MMS

<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Recreating the MMS

Is it possible to re-format the memory stick via the computer and then re-run the easy installer onto the Stick?

The reason i need to know is I used this tutorial:
http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11609 (How to install CFW on a slim, by vector)

However, the tutorial says to choose option 4 (which creates the 'universal unbricker'). However I chose option 3, designed for psp slims.

I have asked around as to how to go about this and got no replies. So now I have a magic stick that I don't know how to correctly use with my pandora. Because of this I would like to re-create my current MMS. (Unless someone can instruct me in full noob detail as to how I use this MMS)
<<

1/-0

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:43 am

Insert the battery into the PSP, along with the memory stick, while it's booting up hold up on the d-pad, or digital up. Follow the install process (make sure your PSP is plugged in) after your done installing, just format your MMS, put w/e files you want back on it onto it. ?????????????. Profit and have fun with homebrew.
2.50 PSP<3.50<3.95<<<<3.90m33<4.01 m33<5.00 m33
Killzone Liberation name:Babamthegrunt add me
I'll rape you with my helpfullness
Need a pandora battery for cheap, willing to wait about 2 weeks to get it? click Here A comprehensive list of Apps for n00bs link
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:11 am

1/-0

You usually refrence me at this point...

OH WELL :P
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

1/-0

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 am

Ehh I was being lazy, I knew you'd post, so meh.
2.50 PSP<3.50<3.95<<<<3.90m33<4.01 m33<5.00 m33
Killzone Liberation name:Babamthegrunt add me
I'll rape you with my helpfullness
Need a pandora battery for cheap, willing to wait about 2 weeks to get it? click Here A comprehensive list of Apps for n00bs link
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:06 pm

1/-0 wrote:Insert the battery into the PSP, along with the memory stick, while it's booting up hold up on the d-pad, or digital up. Follow the install process (make sure your PSP is plugged in) after your done installing, just format your MMS, put w/e files you want back on it onto it. ?????????????. Profit and have fun with homebrew.

Ah ok thanks, well originally I wasn't going to re-format the stick. I just didn't know how to use the current MMS i made because I didn't follow that tutorial 100%. But if thats all I have to do then thanks :3

I was just confused because the tutorial says:

Take you Magic Memory Stick and put in your PSP WITH THE BATTERY OUT.
Now, put in the battery.
The PSP will turn on, with no system, but don't fear; Pandora's here!
After your see the Memory Stick Access led off, press [] (square).REMEMBER, KEEP THE BATTERY IN IF ALL MEANS NECCESSARY, AS IF YOU DON'T, IT COULD RESULT IN A BRICK!
The PSP will shut-off by itself when it is done, but you're not done.
Now, take the battery out, and put it back in.It will turn itself on again(lol, turn itself on)and wait for no Memory Stick activity, NOW, PRESS X. Wait once more, and the PSP will once again shut itself off.

But it said to install option 4. So i was unsure if i do the same buttons and stuff with option 3 or not.

Return to PSP Help