Memory Stick Trouble

<<

Carnage

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:45 am

Memory Stick Trouble

Hello

I have been meaning to mod my PSP so I can play PSX games and downloaded games for a while now.

I finally ordered a SanDisk 4.0 GB Pro Duo stick. When I insert in into my PSP I get a message that it needs to be formatted, I do that...fine, but when I connect my PSP to my PC I get a similar message, that the memcard needs to be formatted....which results in a folder with nothing it it....no PSP folder.

So no matter what I do I'm always prompted to format the stick, after formatting it on the PSP itself my PC won't read it until I format it again :?: :?:

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, since I can't wait to mod my PSP!
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:06 am

Is there any way to bypass the computer mem stick format option?

The only other option that comes to mind at the moment is to manually create the folders needed yourself after the computer formats the stick. I'll look into this further for you though.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Carnage

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:42 am

staxx wrote:Is there any way to bypass the computer mem stick format option?

The only other option that comes to mind at the moment is to manually create the folders needed yourself after the computer formats the stick. I'll look into this further for you though.

I don't think I can bypass it, I can't access the PSP on my PC unless I format and then there is of course nothing there.

But thanks for willing to help me!

(I was wondering, when other people have replaced their 32MB card that came with the PSP, they didn't have to do anything in particular? just insert it a voila?)

Also, I have tried creating the folder manually, but to no avail since I'm always prompted to format the card when I go back to my PSP.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 am

yeah i just basically inserted mine in my psp and formatted it, then i was ready to go.
The only other thing i've really found is that maybe your pc's usb driver needs to be updated to support mass storage devices.

*Edit*
one other thing is that it might be a fake mem stick...when you go to your mem stick logo on your screen press triangle and then view information. If it says unsupported/unknown than its a fake.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Carnage

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:14 am

staxx wrote:yeah i just basically inserted mine in my psp and formatted it, then i was ready to go.
The only other thing i've really found is that maybe your pc's usb driver needs to be updated to support mass storage devices.

*Edit*
one other thing is that it might be a fake mem stick...when you go to your mem stick logo on your screen press triangle and then view information. If it says unsupported/unknown than its a fake.

Actually, the one that came with my PSP was the original 32 MB one, the 4GB one I got from ebay.....you think I might have been f***** over? :shock:
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:17 am

it's a possibility. If you bought it from ebay however, i know that they take their "fake items" very seriously so it would be something that you could report if the vendor is not willing to reimburse you. I know i've bought a fake mem stick from ebay and it works totally fine. It's just sort of luck of the draw.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Carnage

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:31 am

When initially inserted into the PSP, my PSP says that it has 3870 free space.

When I format it on my PC the format option only shows 1,6 GB.

So maybe I was duped after all, but that is a pretty elaborate fake IMO.

Return to PSP Help