Total votes : 9
<<

alexd9999999

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:35 am

i do not understand how to get custom firmware

HELP!!
I got a ceramic white psp last year, i remember reading stuff about downgrading but it seemed too risky and apparently my psp, being new, has some sort of TA IC1003 chip or somthing and I would have to buy a really old version of GTA,(I dislike GTA by the way, the AI is terrible), to do anything with it. I have kept my psp up to date with offical updates and it is currently v3.93 .

I have recently looked into this stuff again, after seeing a friends psp with hundreds of SNes games on it, and i having asked him how he did it and getting no real answer at all......I decided to look on this site..

I have become very confused, and the help I need, I cannot find....I've read about pandoras batterys and all that guff but it's not really helped me...Is there a way to have a modern CFW without having to download and install every current firmware that has ever existed!!

Basically I need to know
    What do I need to do to be able to use emulators on my psp?
    How can i do this without having to tear appart my batteries and/or fork out cash?
    And, I know that there's probally not a thing for the more recent upadates but a general plan of action would be a great help, it just means I have to wait longer.

ace says: Next time post in your question in the help section, it's there for a reason. Also, don't make your topic title in all caps like a nublet. Read teh rulerz.
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:40 am

Click here to read what I had replied to another member with almost the same issue with FW 3.93 http://pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#103781
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

alexd9999999

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:16 am

Yeah I'm sure I said without having to fork out cash! (It's getting cheaper now...)

Is there no way to just return the psp to factory setting....I'm still not sure how low my original firmware was....
I think there's an option in the system settings, but then again if it was that simple the pandora's battery probally wouldn't exist!

Erm...this is all too complex, I don't really have access to my friends homebrewed psp to help with the process, and the time and effort factors very offputting....

I think I'll either just wait for some genius to work out a way to put CFW onto a 3.93 without all this crap
or
Buy a shiny slim psp, with CFW on it! (I quite want a slim psp as well! Oh I've just spotteed on on ebay that's cheaper than most prople selling standard slim psps!!)

Oh and Galaga f**k Rules!!
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 am

Quit Whining!

The only way there is to downgrade your psp is to use a Pandora.
You have Two options: Buy a pandora, or Make one(Hardmod or 2nd PSP)
If you're on 3.93 stay there. do you know the real reason sony realeased 3.95 so quickly? 3.93 had many flaws. So wait for a downgrader or be proactive and use a pandora.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

alexd9999999

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:04 am

Yeah your right...man sony are dicks, why can't they just accept that people prefear to !OH! I'm whining again.....
<<

vector1394

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:59 am

looks like you have a psp slim. you might wanna use this... some help towards a cfw
<<

alexd9999999

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:08 am

Oh thanks anyway but my PSP is OOA, someone sat on it and now the screens all balck and craked when the power is on.....
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:45 am

Ouch. Sounds like you'll be needing to shell out some cash for a new screen if you want that baby working again. I'd try contacting Sony tech support if you've had the PSP less than a year and see if they can't fix it or give you a new one etc. You'd have to ship it to them.

Also, it's highly unlikely that any coder is going to develop a downgrader for any future firmware version because Pandora's Battery is essentially capable of doing the exact same thing already. You'd have to get a Pandora's Battery or a Datel TOOL online to downgrade, but it isn't hard, and the cost is paid for the very first time you put a rom into an emulator on the PSP. Homebrew is what makes the PSP worth the purchase in itself, whining about paying for a Pandora's Battery or the creation of one shouldn't even come to mind. It's 1,000,000% worth it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to PSP Help