Trouble loading .cso and .iso games

<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Trouble loading .cso and .iso games

I have a fat PSP and I've loaded 3.90 M33 on it. I'm having an issue with downloaded games. I've tried downloading multiple games from various sources and here are the different results:
1. It will show the game as if it were selectable (like a regular UMD disk) with the proper icon and background image, but when I try to start the game it brings up the load screen and goes black after that. The only option is using the HOME key to exit and return to the menu.

2. The game won't show up at all

3. The memory card will freeze when trying to be accessed (seems to happen only when trying to use .iso's)

4. The game will load. This is an awesome result however it's only happened with one of many games that I've downloaded so far; "Beta Bloc". I didn't really care to play the game, I've just been downloading multiple games of various types to see if anything will work.

A little more information: I have verified my version number in the system settings. I have formatted my card multiple times. In the configuration menu I have set the UMD mode to both the M33 and Sony NP9660 drivers, I have disabled all options in the Advanced Configuration menu, I have tried every possible combination of CPU speeds on both the XMB and UMD/ISO from default to 333, I have tried three cards (one of which my friend has successfully used in his PSP) and I have tried running the games both with and without a UMD in the drive.

I've looked for information everywhere and it usually contains the same generic answers like those you would expect when you call your cable company telling them your internet is down and they tell you to reset your router (like you haven't tried it already 10 times). If anyone could give any further insight on what my problem might be or suggestions for further action, that would be awesome.

- Virsoul
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm stumped, I've looked through your post of what the things you have done to try to get it to work, I have no idea what to do. I mean I know I have had this happen to me, but I was trying to play a game that requires a higher firmware but I don't think that is your problem. There must have been another time this happened to me. You have a UMD Game disc in your psp right? Although I doubt thats the problem.
I know some games require certain ISO modes, but you said you have tried both of those.
Maybe someone else knows whats wrong.
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Yes, I'm using the newest version of M33 that I could find. I have a UMD in the drive (Lumines, not like it matters). I have tried 8 games so far ( 3 different versions of FF:CC and 2 of GoW since I really want to play those) and only the one game has worked so far.
<<

amaric

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 8:13 pm

they could just be bad downloads ive pm'd ya a link that has reliable ones
zomgardninjasayrawr
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Ok, I downloaded Echochrome Mugen Kairou from there and it appears to be working. I'm going to try a larger game and see if it still works. I didn't think it was plausible that I would find so many bad images, but I guess it's possible. I'll let you know how it goes after I'm done downloading.
<<

amaric

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 pm

just a question were they torrents?
zomgardninjasayrawr
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 26, 2008 4:07 am

A couple of them were torrents. Ok, I downloaded GoW from the same source and when I tried to access the memory card from the menu my PSP froze and turned off. This has happened before and I figured it was because the file was in .iso form. I used the PSP ISO Compressor and converted in to a CSO to see if it would work. It now displays in the menu as being there, but when I try to load the game it just gives me a black screen. I thought maybe I wasn't giving it enough time to load, but I've been waiting 5 minutes and it's still on the screen as I'm writing this.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon May 26, 2008 6:24 am

What size is your MS?
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 am

2 4GB 1 2GB. After doing some research I have found that all three are actually fake (GG used MS from Gamestop). I can still return one of them so I'm going to do that today and that should fix my problem. I don't understand why they work on my friend's PSP fine though and not on mine.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 pm

You got a fake MS from Gamestop?
Steeler12
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Steeler12 wrote:You got a fake MS from Gamestop?

3 Used ones, yes.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon May 26, 2008 3:43 pm

i didnt even know you could trade Memory sticks in at Gamestop.
Steeler12
<<

Virsoul

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Used ones within 7 days if you have a receipt.
<<

krasusboy

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 26, 2008 4:41 pm

it could be fake memorystick as they said, but your iso/cso must be corruptted too, but in the final scenary which i believe no one has mentioned you have not flashed your cfw correctly
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon May 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Fake memory sticks are known to cause problems with ISO and CSO games, as well as many other homebrew for PSP. I'm 95% sure it's the memory sticks. You appear to be doing everything correctly. Try testing with a friends' real memory stick, if you have a friend with a PSP.

Some fake sticks actually work well with homebrew, some don't. Seems like you got the short end of the stick.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
Next

Return to PSP Help