Pandora's Battery restoration? (slim)

<<

Vidovic

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:23 am

Pandora's Battery restoration? (slim)

allright, i know how to restore a PSP slim battery with the whole pencil ordeal, but why is it necessary to restore it? Say i put on a PS1 game on my PSP using CFW and a pandorized battery, could i still play it after i restore my battery? and will it mess with the PSP in any way?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:19 am

Because once you pandorize a battery, it goes into service mode. It just continually keeps trying to boot from the memory stick instead of flash0. Kind've like a computer booting from cdrom instead of the hard drive.

And yes, you can still play ps1 games after you restore your battery back to normal, as long as your psp has custom firmware. Unless you keep the battery the same, and don't format your memory stick, and do the whole process over again then it won't mess up your psp. Well in which case if you still kept both the memory stick & battery the same, you would just install custom firmware again.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Vidovic

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:33 am

sorry, i didn't really get that....eer, do the whole process all over again for what? Im starting to get worried! EEK! You mean incase i have to format my MS right? If i do that then all the CFW files are gone, then i have to do it again? no?

oh, and BTW , couldi play GoW: Chains of Olympus with 3.71 M33-2? i dont even know how to switch FWs... im going to use a video tutorial that i found, it shows how to put 3.71M33-2 on you're PSP, aswell as the Magic memory stick. I need to know how to install other FWs aswell.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 am

A CFW goes to the onboard Flash. Once its installed, its there for good.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon

Return to PSP Help