<<

zumiuran

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:37 pm

need help with things

1. For some reason my popsloader isnt working anymore. it freezes when i try to load 3.71 pops.

2. when i load gpsp kai_32_test_8_7 then try to start a game it freezes.

3. and how do i run my own custom into for when i start my psp.

its a slim with 3.90m33-3 cfw
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:52 pm

1. Since your on 3.90 try the 3.90 pops, It should be built it?

2. Are you running it in iR Shell?

3. Try this http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11659
<<

zumiuran

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 am

1. I didnt have time before in my last post to explain better so heres the story. I put the pops loader on my psp a while ago to play FFVII, but later i decided to add a new plugin the Music prx plugin for 3.90+ M33. after i did that my pops loader stop working so i deleted the music prx and my popsloader still didnt work so i redid everything from scratch and now when i start FFVII i can get to the popsloader menu my holding R but when i select 3.71 pops it freezes and i cant figure out whats wrong.

heres how i have the folder
seplugins>
popsloader.prx, pops.txt, popsloader(folder)>
idcanager_old.prx, libpspvmc371.prx, pafmini371.prx, pops371.prx, popsman371.prx

2. dont have a iR Shell

3. the link to the auto.prx is dead
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 am

1. I'm not 100% sure on any popsloader question, I've only used it on 3.71. So I can't really help you - my only advice is use pandora or some other downgrader and then upgrade back to 3.90. (Or back up your memory stick, reformat it, then download the emu again and try it.)

2. And you have tried multiple games? Tweak the settings of the emulator and see if something is wrong.

3. Lol yea that link is always dead, I wish I had it so I could upload it.

You could try 4.01-2? Cintros work perfectly on there and all my emus including gba kai 8.7 work.
<<

zumiuran

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 am

1. I got pops working, i was using the wrong version, i had to use the 3.80m33 popsloader not the 3.71m33 popsloader

2. I have no idea what i did but its working now

do i have to worry about losing anything if i upgrade to 4.01m33-2 (besides my theme) like my popsloader not working again or any of my games not working like psptube, luaplayer, custom gameboot, iso's, or any emus.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 pm

No sir, it is simply just a firmware upgrade. Well I don't know about the popsloader, I haven't tried it yet.
But gameboots, cintros, isos, homebrew, and emus work fine. If something happens to go wrong, you can dwongrade. The first time I upgraded to this firmware I bricked somehow, but I used pabdora and tried it again and now it's fine.

Hey follow this for future reference on pops:

This will let you play ANY PSX game on your psp. Firmware 4.01 m33 is even supported!

First download this. It is the popsloader plugin with every single version of pops. After acquiring you game from any number of places check this page to see what pops is best for your particular game.

Next enable the plugin ("popsloader.prx") from the Recovery Menu. To access this, hold down R when you hardboot your PSP. Now when you first launch a PSX game, a menu will ask you what POPS version you would like to use. If the game works fine normally, select the version from flash. The Popsloader plugin will remember your selection, and use this the next time you launch the game.

To change your selection (if the one you are using does not work properly) hold down "R" when you boot the game and you will be able to select a different version from the menu.

~compliments of CodeMayHem.net

Return to PSP Help