<<

DoctaMario

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 pm

PSP games suddenly won't run O_o

So I was playing Tekken DR earlier from my stick, played some Soul Blade, jumped on the internet for awhile and then decided to play a little Castlevania 3 on the NesterJ. After that I decide to play some Williams Pinball and go to load it up, all I get after the PSP gameboot is a blank screen and then it shuts off. I try to load up Tekken again and the same thing happens, Power Stone Collection, still the same thing. THEN, I try to load up the Dracula X Chronicles UMD that's in my drive and the SAME THING happens!

All my homebrew and PSX games work fine but for some reason, any PSP game I try doesn't seem to work. I thought maybe it was a mem stick issue but the fact that the DXC UMD doesn't work either has me wondering.

I booted up the recovery menu and changed the option to "No UMD" and tried it again but still nothing. I hadn't changed any settings at all and the games worked fine earlier. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I'm running 3.71 M33-4 by the way. Thanks!
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:34 am

Got IR Shell?
Try loading the UMD's a different way.
Maybe you have a Video or Music UMD you could try?
<<

DoctaMario

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 am

There's some corrupting influence perhaps on the memory stick that's keeping it from loading. The drive is reading the UMD and acknowledges the games that are on the stick, but the PSP won't load them for some reason.

And I don't have IRShell.

EDIT: So I formatted the Mem stick and reloaded everything onto it and it works perfectly. O_o Looks like I was visited by the technology gnomes. :roll:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:05 am

Those silly rascals.
The only ones you can trust now-a-days are the Level 7 Pirate Gnomes...

Return to PSP Help