<<

zumiuran

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:10 am

Need help with zipped files

my computer isn't letting me unzip folders, every time I try it gives me "Windows has blocked access to these files to help protected your computer". Any suggests on how to fix this?
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 pm

I am not 100% sure, but I think your computer turned on DEP (Data Execution Prevention) to help protect your programs from either viruses or yourself. A friend of mine (dumbest person in the world about computers) decided one day to free up some space by opening folders (programs and windows) and start deleting files he never used. LOL! The machine self-activated DEP and he was locked out of his own PC for certain directories and folders.

Right click on My Computer. Click on the Advance Tab. Click on Performance Settings. Be sure that the "Turn on DEP for all programs and services.." is unchecked. If you find a list of services in the box, then you need to remove them. Because it should be blank. The only option that should be enabled is "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

Do let us know if this fixed your issue. If not, we'll figure more as we explore more...
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

zumiuran

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 1

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 pm

nope that cant be it, I just checked and the only option thats enabled is "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

well if it helps i just recently had to reinstall Windows with SP3 on my computer due to a bios problem that corrupted windows before but its now fixed.

Edit: Problem fixed :)

Return to PSP Help