Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Backlight problem...

<<

SoupaMario

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:15 am

Backlight problem...

I successfully downgraded to 1.5 to play SNES games, and I've got an emulator that works perfectly, my problem is that when I downgraded my backlight to my PSP does not seem to work unless I plug in my charger and unplug it, and when I do that the screen is still very dim...

Any advice?

[JustinWoodypond] : Moved to Help section :D
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:12 am

I will assume that you have never opened your PSP and that you have a phat PSP. I know that there have been brightness improvements included on some of the later firmware revisions.

Upgrade from 1.50 to M-33 custom firmware. I would install Version 3.90 M33 or better to maintain compatibility with most games. The latest custom firmware is M33-5.0 I haven't been digging but I am sure you can find an M33 upgrade pack that will boost you from 1.50 to where you want to be. Our tutorial section is a great place to start.

If upgrading does not work...

If you still have no luck after installing custom firmware you may need to purchase a new screen. from somewhere online.

Good luck!

BTW, which SNES emulator are you using? Does it run at full speed?
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

SoupaMario

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 am

Never opened, and yes its a phatty. If I download this M-33 firmware will I still be able to use an SNES emulator?

My screen went dull as soon as I downgraded, until then everything was fine so I don't think my PSP is broken or anything...

The SNES emulator I am using is Snes9xTYL 0.4.2me, I'm not sure if there are any newer versions, but it does work well and for the most part doesn't lag much when I play roms.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:34 pm

the M33 firmware lets you have all of the capabilities of the current Official firmware but also gives the ability of 1.5 homebrew, and more! 1.5 is basically obsolete
Steeler12
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:54 pm

yeah- i recommend a 4.01m33 not five- this way- you can get CTFs and stuff.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:53 pm

CTF?
Steeler12
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Steeler12 wrote:CTF?
custom themes- i have an xbox 360(this is how the xmb looks and sounds like-and the start up) three macs, windows xp-2 vistas, and varios others-oh, and a wii. these themes also have the ability to give you a link to the download page. the site to go on your psp is http://www.consolespot.net/ctf/- then click on themes at the top and to download-click the arrow on the right. NOT THE NAME. they only work with 4.01 m33- but ive seen a couple for 3.90 m33 and more and more for 5.01m33- those are n other sites. happy (insert ctf name here)ing!!!!
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.

Return to PSP Help