Problems with PSX on 3.80 M33-5

<<

enthax

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Problems with PSX on 3.80 M33-5

I'm running on cfw 3.80 M33-5 and I can't seem to get my psx games working. I know how to make the Eboot and everything. I try to load the game up and it gets to the screen with a lot of text and then just goes black. I've had no problem doing this on a OE firmware Is this any different? Do i need to upgrade at all? Thanks
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:47 pm

That is odd.
I think you should not be having any problems. Perhaps you should upgrade or if you are set on staying at 3.80 try downloading popstation on your PSP. Put the files in you seplugins folder and activate the popstation plugin in the boot menu.
In case you didn't know the boot menu can be accessed by turning off your PSP and then turning it on while holding down the right shoulder button.

IF that doesn't work perhaps you are using an out of date version of Autopopstation or whatever program you are making your Eboots from. Check for an update and if there is one try it.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

enthax

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 pm

What cfw should i upgrade to. Do only certian ones have a built in psx emulator? in know the OE cfw does.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm

I am on 5.00 M33 and haven't had issues. I HIGHLY recommend M33. I have never had a brick and the author Dark Alex stays on top of things and updates regulary.

There was only one time before 3.80 that I had issues with POPS on the PSP and it was that $ony had rewritten it and Dark Alex had to release an update but I can't remember what version of CFW that was. Anyhow, the issue was resolved.

I know that PSX capability is Part of the firmware and the only time you really need to install popstation is if your particular game requires a certain version frimware like Chrono Cross. The popstation plugin will allow you to choose whatever version firmware you would like to use to run your game.

I have a slim and am running 5.00 M33-6 with no issues. My Phat is retired (in pieces)
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:32 am

I'm at 4.00M33. 100% compatability.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon