<<

2rev

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm

v2.81 Questions

I don't want to be rude and just leech advice, but I really ask for a head start. As new comers always get tips, it's always "use the search engine". The problem is, I don't know where to start. I'm aware of risking my PSP being bricked. Here goes nothing.

Currently I have a v2.81 firmware on my PSP for gaming purposes. I'm not new to the PSP console, but home brewing is a new house hold word for me. I own a copy of GTA:LCS with the v2.0 upgrade (My PSP was 2.0 when I bought it, so no I didn't upgrade it from a 1.5). I brought that up in case it proves useful later on.

I've been wondering about all these awesome things like the custom firmware, capable of running PSX emulators. I know the frame rate sucks, but it's worth looking at. Can somebody lead me to a thread that will give me the knowledge and tools to fulfilling my heart's content? :shock:

Will you be able to play games up around v2.81 with the custom firmware?
Does the PSX emulator for the PSP require plugins, ICO, and the BIOs just like ePSXe? (I own a PlayStation, along with games I own that I want on the PSP)
What's the required file size to hold the emulator? Will I need more than 1 GIG?
Anything interesting other than emulators & home brewed games? Like something interesting device such as a calculator (jk, but you get what I mean?)

Sorry for being such a noob. Thanks to those who try helping me, I honestly appreciate it. I also say thanks for the forums, I plan to learn more in the near future :D
2rev
<<

Mailas

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:12 pm

To fill your hearts content, a good peice of mind is all you need.
Our tutorials cover it all, but:
1. Yes you can play games up to atleast the highest firmware of 3.10 (which is really good)
2. ePSXe to be honest for the PC wasnt entirely lawful to my desires, the only good game that would play at a standard rate was BOF3,
but the PSX emu on the PSP were talking about is the one made by sony, theres a cracked hack in it that allows you to play anything.
3. The emulator is with the firmware, but you will need atleast 1+gigs to hold the games, since they will go on the memory stick.
4. Theres many features that sony has enabled for the highest firmware, along with some home made games made by Programmers (liky myself)
or just fans. You can look on our downloads section, theirs categories which should you lead to a good start.

Your options now are to tell us if you have a TA-082+ (or IO) firmware, to check I believe someone has an image somewhere.
Do not worry, this may confuse you but this is a firmware that some PSP's may have, which dis-allowed people to downgrade, but
ofcourse our hackers got a way around it and was able to figure out how to downgrade such PSP's. Dont worry about that if you dont understand,
someone should explain that part to you. Otherwise until you tell us what you have (your motherboard) you can then downgrade using the downgrader
found at our downloads section.

Could someone fill him in about the motherboard process.
<<

2rev

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 am

I took a look at my motherboard and it says "IC6001". Seeing it not being TA-082, I've lost confidence. What's do I do from here?
2rev
<<

2rev

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Yes, I'm happy again thanks. I checked a tutorial on how to confirm whether to check if it's TA-082 or not and I misread it :S

I see a bright future ahead for my PSP and I, I really appreciate the help I got.

EDIT: http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6435
I checked there and it says if my motherboard has IC1003 or anything else related, I can't downgrade it. But by using 0okm's downgrader (2.80) will I get progress? Also my version is 2.81, that won't make a difference will it? (Remember my PSP started out as v2.0)
2rev
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Im not sure but if you look at the date on that topic its about 3-4 months old.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:22 pm

is the 3.03 downgrader not an option for you? I'd try to use the 3.03 downgrader. 0okms method was sketchy for some people a while back.

and having 2.81 for the 2.80 WILL cause problems.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to PSP Help