Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Help with running emulator/ anything besides demos

<<

Bows_To_The_PSP

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Help with running emulator/ anything besides demos

Every time i try to run an emulator or any program that go's in the PSP/GAME/ director when i go to the game/memory stick menu on my PSP and select the program it says could not start the game, corrupted data, but any demos made by Sony work fine, am i doing something wrong? What should i do? My firmware version is 3.11
<<

Bows_To_The_PSP

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Someone on a different forum (ProjectPSP.com) said that when i upgraded to 3.11 firmware i pritty much screwed myself over cause there is no way to downgrade and you can't use anything homebrew.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:30 pm

yep your totally screwed. but eventually a down grader will be released for you. might be awhile. keep up hope!!
<<

2rev

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Actually you're not screwed, you'll just have to play the waiting game as of now. Eventually after time passes your firmware version can be downgraded, so don't be discouraged.
2rev
<<

Bows_To_The_PSP

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:15 pm

now when you say a while...... how long are we talking about here.. cause i might go insane..... lol
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:35 pm

I liked the questions back then when I could just say put this in the GAME folder :P
<<

JamieSmyth

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Stupid

Yeah jus keep checkin www.pspbrew.com

{{{DONT DO SOMETHIN STUPID AND THROUGH YE PSP AT A WALL OR SUMTHIN}}} :!:
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 pm

I read that firmware 3.11 is decrypted and ready for custom firmware and a downgrader; however, it won't be released because then Sony could patch the current decryption key. This is actually a good thing for the psp hacking scene, as a whole, because with the 3.03 downgrader, most people can now downgrade. It's sad that you can't, but it isn't the end of the world. My guess is that there will never be a 3.11 downgrader because it sounds like the top dogs are waiting for a firmware WORTH upgrading the custom firmware to - which will bring a downgrader also.

If I had to put a time limit on your wait, the only answer I can give is : "when Sony creates a firmware worth upgrading the custom firmware to - you will see a downgrader". When that will happen nobody knows... perhaps not even Sony. Most updates are b/c there have been exploits lol - not because Sony has released anything worthwhile. Just sit tight. It'll happen.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Bows_To_The_PSP

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:30 pm

ah i see, well thank you all for your help, i look forward to some day being part of the homebrewing world, i just hope Sony gets off their donkey so i can downgrade sometime soon.

Return to PSP Help