Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

downgrading a slim with a fat pandora

<<

kowolf

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:19 pm

downgrading a slim with a fat pandora

ok so my little cousin got a white slim psp. its version 3.72 and uses 3.6v 1200mAh battery (which is thinner and seems smaller?) and im trying to downgrade it for him using the pandora's battery made by my own psp (already on a custom fw, black fat psp) i just tried to put my fat 3.6v 1800mAh battery into his slim psp battery slot and it kinda got stuck and so i had to force it out. im just worried that if using a fat battery on a slim psp might ruin it somehow (i dont know much about electronics stuff but he worked pretty hard to pay for it so i dont wanna screw him over)
i just need some response as to if its ok to use a fat battery on a slim one, if 3.72 slim can be downgraded and have custom fw installed on it. thanks for your time and sorry for not using caps..
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm

You can use a phat battery in a slim psp, but the cover won't close on it. And a Slim can be downgraded and hav CFW installed. It is about the same technique as the Pandora's Battery thing you have tried I'm guessing. You just need different files on the memory stick to change the PSP directly from 3.72 to 3.71 M33. Try this tutorial http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10137
<<

kowolf

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm

thanks for the quick response there and the link but i think ill just stick to pandora's battery method since ive done it twice without screwing up
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:35 pm

On a slim psp? The slim psp requires different files to downgrade than that of the phat psp pandora. The Battery is the same, but they files you need are different.
<<

Squash-n-Stretch

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 am

Any chance of homebrewing on a slim 3.72/3.73 without a fat battery in the near future? Do you need it for the Lumines bug?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

The Lumines just works on 3.50 :(. And I'm not sure about the slim battery.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew