Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

What are the most popular homebrew games on the PSP?

<<

Hardyboys315

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:00 pm

What are the most popular homebrew games on the PSP?

I need help. See I try to google for hombrew games, I've download them and they are not so great. So I want your opinions. What homebrew games are good? Also I have a PSP SLim and I am running on 5.00m33.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 pm

dude!!!! 5.00M33-6 FTW!!!!! how big is your memory card? cuz i can give u (pm) a link to a site for actual games. actually no an email. been in trouble for that before. anyways, there are some pretty decent ones. the best are emulators. other then that, nothing beats an ISO
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:43 pm

<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:59 am

what are homebrew games? like the ones we play on the memory card with CFW, i thought those were ISOs?
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:what are homebrew games? like the ones we play on the memory card with CFW, i thought those were ISOs?

Homebrew games are third-party developed applications that people either port from existing older systems/ games or otherwise adapt to their own standards by themselves which aren't officially supported or endorsed by their original creators, companies, or influence.

Some homebrew programs ARE officially endorsed, but those are rare because, with the case of the PSP, Sony doesn't "allow" homebrew, so for another company to officially endorse a homebrew project on the PSP system, they are going against what Sony wants.

Homebrew programs like PSPTris - a tetris clone, or something like IRShell are a good example of PSP homebrew.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:20 am

It always makes me sad to remember Smashgpsp (if thats how its spelled) and how it never really got continued, I always felt like it could have been a must have on the memory stick if it had been perfected and tweaked just a bit.

Most homebrew to be honest is just sort of fun to play around with, not really for serious gaming and such.

With emulators, be careful though, as there are tons of different ones, and some work better than others depending on what system you use.
Steeler12

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew