Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Browsing system files & other goodies (im new)

<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Still no luck guys :( I'm gunna try like 3 different things then I might just ask some kind soul to post the files I need

edit: Hey guys.....so I never could get Z33's Resurrklinnssi to work but I found a download that had already decompressed and unencrypted all .rco's on 5.00....I downloaded these and then I was able to use RCO Edit to get all the .bmps of everything I needed and a coulple .vags for sound files....now I'm gunna google to find someway to get .bmps to .pngs and .vags to anything else I can use......Thanks for all the help- I don't know if anyone is still following this but I'll continue to update when I make new discoveries lol....Thanks again
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:18 pm

Ok guys....I'm making an iPhone version of the psp keyboard and I have all the images I need except the background (the plain color that shows through between the letters....which .rco would this be in because I can't find it in with all the other keyboard images.....I'll upload a preview of the keyboard....no where near completion but it's coming along :) Notice that the background of the keyboard is wrong which is why i need to know where the right one is.....
Thanks again and any criticism of the keyboard is welcome however the layout cannot change much for it to still work with the iPhone.....

P.S.: I know this is a double post **cringe** but I kinda need people to see it and the edit didn't work.....

<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

your fine. looks good!! i dont own an i phone nor will i ever, but if i had one, id get this theme.

just wondering, do we get credits? (people who helped)
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Alright so now I actually have a new version that works better on the phone but looks so similar that I'm not going to post new pics.....but I still need the keyboard background....

Anyway, I was going to talk about this later but yes, helpers WILL definitely get credit, and if I get permission I will mention the whole site as well.....I haven't decided yet but I MAY sell this theme if it turns out how I want it too (amazing, with a bunch of helpful addons) and if I do sell it, and helpers that have a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch would get it for free (pretty much everyone that has commented so far has been helpful but idk if any of ya'll have iPhones/iPod Touches..... I will probably ask each individual when I'm done but I won't be done for awhile.....I have some great ideas but I have to make them with HTML which can take time....the release will (hopefully) be early February......I don't know of any other way to reward the amazing people on this site (I'm pretty broke to tell the truth lol) but if you think of any CHEAP ways to reward ya'll just tell me and I'll definitely take it into consideration....
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:51 pm

boy now i feel selfish. i do wish i could help you more than i did, but oh well. a quick idea to get the look of the background of stuff try maybe a screenshot? i dunno..
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm

haha it's ok....you helped a lot just by replying......I'll keep the screenshot thing in mind but I'm gunna keep looking for a little longer :)
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm

yeah take a cam, and picture it
-Formerly DCM
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:16 am

i believe the OSK background file youre looking for is located in osk_plugin.rco
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 am

Do you know the name of the file? I had already looked there and none of them look right....the only name that seemed right was bg for background but it was a 1 pixel by 1 pixel image and when I made it larger it was a green color instead of the blue.....
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:07 pm

when you open it in rcoedit, check "[GIM] tbasegra" i believe that might be the file you're looking for.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Alright I'l look for that and what is the extension for the wave files? Thanks
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:33 am

i'm assuming you're referring to the waves on the xmb...those would be system_plugin_bg.rco, not too many people know this but there is also an opening sequence of waves located in the opening_plugin.rco file. its pretty much the ripples that appear right after the sony entertainment intro screen when you turn on your psp.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Ok thanks that helps but what type of file are they like .bmp, .vag, etc??
and i can't find tbasegra in either of the osk rco's...the closest thing i found are ttxtbase1, ttxtbase2, ttxtbase3.....and none of them look right so I still need the backgrounds...
i found the waves now i think but when i extracted they're in .omg form....is there a decrypter??
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 pm

i'll send you a pm with the files i'm using.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

wannabprogramma

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks I found the file but I remember finding that one before under a different name...once extracted here's what it looks like...kinda green huh?
After searching the web for literally hours...I also need help finding a converter for both .vag's and .omg's....
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew