Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Problem saving games using CaSTaway

<<

FlashingMofo

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Problem saving games using CaSTaway

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with the CaSTaway Atari ST emulator. Whenever I try to use a save game function, or if a game tries to write to the disk, I receive an error about putting paper in (a printer?). It's weird, but I've tried using every version of CaSTaway on several different firmware versions, including native 1.5 and 5.50 GEN-D. Anyone else having this problem? The emulator has been out for a while, and I don't see any complaints about this.. which is odd... since there are a ton of ST games that need to write to the disk while playing ...
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 pm

does it have or need an included bios?

give me a link to a version (im on GEN D) and ill tell you what i get
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

FlashingMofo

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 pm

<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:51 am

hmmm.... i think you need better resources. these look rather.... seedy.

might i suggest you get roms from romUlation.net

emulator http://pspslimhacks.com/psp2600-v112-at ... -emulator/

if the website looks cheepy, theres a chance it sucks. stick with the nicer stuff. no bios needed, its already there.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

FlashingMofo

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 pm

CaSTaway is an Atari ST emulator, not an Atari 2600 emulator. The link to the CaSTaway emulator I posted is the official web site for the emulator. If you are able to find an alternative working Atari ST emulator for the PSP that allows saving to disk, I would be willing to try it, but I don't think there is any other ST emulator for PSP except CaSTaway. If you're not familiar with Atari's, but I'll give you a quick synopsis. The Atari 2600/5200/7800 are strictly gaming consoles. The Atari 400/800 XL/XE computers were Atari's 8-bit line of personal computers and then the Atari 520/1040 ST were the 16-bit successors to those. Respectively, the 16-bit games will not work on an 8-bit computer or gaming console.

The web sites I linked are actually very reputable and well known in the Atari community.

The link to the TOS (Bios) Roms is from the web site of a reliable well known Atari ST emulator for the PC called STeem. I've been using the STeem emulator on my PC and the BIOS from their web site for years.

And the link to the games is from www.atari.st , which is the most reputable Atari ST games database web site in the Atari community. Likewise, the Automation and Pompey Pirates game compilation disks are the most popular. I can see why you might think the web site looks seedy or cheap.. it's because the layout is made to look like the "TOS" operating system (a.k.a Tramiel Operating System, named after the owner of Atari Computer Corp at that time, Jack Tramiel), which is a bit antiquated compared to Windows 7. :lol: But surprisingly enough, TOS was probably the first operating system to use a windows-style interface.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew