<<

pqumsieh

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Information regarding current CFWs

Hey guys,

I havn't bothered to update my CFW in a long time. I am currently at 4.01 M33-2 and tried doing the auto network update but get an error (likely because the link has changed). I was hoping someone in the know could provide me with some information regarding some of the new firmwares including which one you feel is best and how to go about installing them. My main use of the PSP is playing iso's and emulators.

thanks in advance guys,

PQ
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Information regarding current CFWs

you might be happy the network auto-update didn't work.... it would have taken you to the latest OFW and you wouldn't have been able to play ISOs any more...

Anyways 5.50 Gen d-2 works fine, and it automatically patches a game that runs on an a newer FW... don't try Gen d-3 though, it has no internet access...

Some people say 5.00 m33-6 is still the best, and if you're ok with manually patching the newer games, then this is pretty good....
-Formerly DCM
<<

pqumsieh

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks for the response DCM, I updated to 5.50 gen-d3 and everything seems to be working fine. I even have internet. perhaps it has something to do with the psp version? I'm on a 1000 series.

PQ
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Whenever using the M33 firmware, there is an option to change the Network Update icon to look at a different site for the update. That site is Dark_Alex's M33 update. This prevents users from accidentally updating out of the CFW and makes it easier to update. Perhaps there is something like this on your Gen PSP. I would suggest taking a look at your recovery menu for more information.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew