Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Need help with CFW...im a noob...

<<

MC Kazoo

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Need help with CFW...im a noob...

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster, so forgive me if this is not allowed....

Can anyone please describe to me how to do (soft mod) custom firmware (phat 1001 model) for playing downloaded umd games? Now, Hear me out....

I've been a huge fan of an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion a good part of my life. Well there are a ton of PSP games from it that I want to play, that's why I need this. They refuse to release them state side for whatever reason and any import copy I can manage to find runs into a few hundred dollars that I don't have. If they released it here I would buy 10 copies whenever I got the chance. I'm sad face...

Now, a few questions....

Can it still play regular umds?

Can it be reversed and the offical current firmware be re installed?

How big does the memory stick have to be inorder to run it and have a few games downloaded?

And where is a good place to download japanese games? Like Eva?

Again any help is appreciated, and I'm sorry if I broke any forum rules. (I'm sure I did, I deserve the ban.) I just have a burning desire for a few years to play these games and I have had to break down and CFW my psp. I just don't know what else to do.

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone for help!
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Need help with CFW...im a noob...

MC Kazoo wrote:Now, a few questions....

Can it still play regular umds? Yes.

Can it be reversed and the offical current firmware be re installed? Yes.

How big does the memory stick have to be inorder to run it and have a few games downloaded? A normal game takes about 700mb, A huge game can take upto 1.8GB

And where is a good place to download japanese games? Like Eva? This I don't think should be answered here, check out torrent sites.

Are you TRYING to get banned? Jeez.
-Formerly DCM

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew