<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 pm

No one is talking about this?

"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: No one is talking about this?

There ya go. PM me next time and Il be sure to get it done faster. I just dont have a PS3 :)
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah, I've been heated over this entire scandal! :D
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Theres just so much FAIL going on at Gizmodo and Engadget every time this is posted. I mean most of the commenters are like "off with his head!!" thinking hes supporting piracy after he specifically made his exploit to where it shouldn't allow it.

Image Image
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm

No one is educating themselves so they say whatever comes to mind, I understand the reason they call him egohot he likes to show off. However what he's doing is very important. He is NOT promoting piracy. Now do I care if he promotes piracy? F*ck no!

What Im really disappointed in is how sony is handling it. They are using every dirty underhanded tactic to take hotz out. From claiming he takes donations (when he doesnt) to making the hearings across the country from him.

The important thing to note is he has a real shot at winning. does anyone remember that guy who found out the hd/dvd encryption keys and posted them? Sony wants to keep the keys for the ps3 from getting out but its far too late. His site has been mirrored by a college professor and hundreds of files sharing sites have those keys and his tools.

No one can control the internet.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

light_alistor wrote:No one is educating themselves so they say whatever comes to mind, I understand the reason they call him egohot he likes to show off. However what he's doing is very important. He is NOT promoting piracy. Now do I care if he promotes piracy? F*ck no!

What Im really disappointed in is how sony is handling it. They are using every dirty underhanded tactic to take hotz out. From claiming he takes donations (when he doesnt) to making the hearings across the country from him.

The important thing to note is he has a real shot at winning. does anyone remember that guy who found out the hd/dvd encryption keys and posted them? Sony wants to keep the keys for the ps3 from getting out but its far too late. His site has been mirrored by a college professor and hundreds of files sharing sites have those keys and his tools.

No one can control the internet.

Yea from the Video you can tell he has an Ego..but hes amazing at what he does and has hacked two major products and literally created additional markets for them. It isn't said much, but he has the right to have a small ego. My favorite part of that video was actually when they asked what device hes hacking next and his prompt response was "..whens the PSP2 coming out again?"

Sony is doing a LOT of underhand things. I read on Engadget a few minutes ago that a Judge declined to rule on a stupid Sony TRO because it was based in California...when Hotz did the whole thing in NJ. Stupid Sony.

EDIT- Bahahahahahah http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/01/playstation-lawsuit-limbo

Image Image
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 pm

A little credit yo Team FailOverflow would have gone a long way in my eyes. Though yes. I respect the guys skills. Alot. he's not up there with DAX but he's close.

I totally heard about the TRO denial! Looks like some of sony's underhanded crap will make them lose some face.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm from Canada, it's all legal here; lol, never seen this before.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 pm

You canadians and your stable legal system.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:31 pm

There is a lot going back and forth for both sides. I don't know who to side with... :(
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:21 pm

I doubt he tried very hard to prevent his jailbreak from allowing piracy. I mean he has spent years hacking and learning security in the devices he cracks. And people are immediately able to modify his creation to play pirated games? Yeah right.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:32 pm

The point is someone ELSE enables piracy. thats on them. not remotely his fault.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:58 pm

AdventWolf wrote:I doubt he tried very hard to prevent his jailbreak from allowing piracy. I mean he has spent years hacking and learning security in the devices he cracks. And people are immediately able to modify his creation to play pirated games? Yeah right.

Doesnt matter. Like Light alistor said, he put a lock on the door (albeit possibly flimsy) so the heat for piracy doesnt fall on him, but on the person who activates that feature he didnt put into his code.

Image Image
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Its not really possible to use back ups on geohotz firmware anyway. I mean its possible someone could figure it out but waninkoko or whatever his name is just released a cfw that does allow back up managers. I havent tried it yet cause... well people are reporting bricks with my particular model ps3.

For this message the author light_alistor has received thanks:
crait
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm not trying to say that he should lose the case or anything. But he specifically states that he does not condone piracy, yet he does veeery little to prevent it, so obviously he just doesn't want the blame. I'm just calling bologna on him.
Next

Return to General Chat