<<

patapon1499

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Sony and Nintendo.

Has anyone noticed the difference of the 3? The Ds and Wii graphics are kinda suckish but when you look at the psp and ps3 and how they were both made at around the same time it makes you notice how nintendo needs catch up. And wasn't the psp released at the same time or before the nds? I've ditched nintendo not cuz the sucky graphics but the games always glitch up! I mean seriously come on!
[img]http://C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\My%20Documents\Downloads\poptartFINALTINY.gif[/img]
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Sony and Nintendo.

Well, Nintendo purposely had worse graphics and focused on their franchises in order to make more money. At first, only Nintendo was actually making money on the consoles themselves. Both Microsoft and Sony were losing money for every console sold because it cost them more to make it.

What games glitch up?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

patapon1499

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

I didn't know that... but sony still kicks butt. And Every game. Thx
[img]http://C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\My%20Documents\Downloads\poptartFINALTINY.gif[/img]
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:25 pm

please not another fan boy.

But Nintendo is more innovative than the rest of the other companies in my opinion. Everyone else copies off them and make it better, but Nintendo started it. If Nintendo wanted to they could blow us away, but thats not what they are about.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:54 pm

There were more than 10 systems which Nintendo clearly "copied" off of. Plenty of successful gaming platforms existed before the Regular Nintendo. What Nintendo did was make franchises - like Mario and Zelda. No other company really did this until then. Even the original sprite work for Mario is reminiscent of many earlier games such as "Golf" for Atari 2600.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

The PS3 was released a day before the Wii and the PSP was released a little whiles after the DS... They've always been behind the time in terms of graphics and power, but try to make up for it with 'innovation.' In my eyes, giving a gamer something they may want versus something you know they already want is not an good idea.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:28 pm

crait wrote:In my eyes, giving a gamer something they may want versus something you know they already want is not an good idea.

Nintendo- Billions of Dollars from the Wii idea.
Crait- I really dont know. Couple thousand?

Nintendo wins lol
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 pm

i haven't been a fan of Nintendo since the N64. GameCube was crap at best and the Wii while i do enjoy playing some of the games over at my brother house i must say however that on the whole the Wii system isn't what i like out of games. it seems like the supposed godfather of console gaming has quit catering to the Hardcore gaming circuit and is focusing more on the casual/family gaming environment. i'm not saying the Wii is a bad console or anything like that i'm just saying that when you exclude some of your demographic then companies start losing money it hasn't happened with Nintendo because the Wii has brought in new gamers some way older than the gaming demographic which is normally 12-35
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

My roommate hasn't played his Wii since he bought it. My cousins don't play theirs since they bought it. I don't know anyone that plays it more than once a month. If you call that success, then you've got a weird way of looking at it.
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 pm

i was talking more about the people in their 40s-50s and 60s that bought Wiis for their younger grandkids and play it themselves. one of my friends is a year younger than me and she bought a Wii for her two young sons and she wasn't a gamer before but now she plays it more than they do. the reason i said it was a success is because now you have people that have never played a game before in their life, never played the original gaming systems like most of us have never played the failed systems that were once big and still sell nostalgically for a pretty high price, and now they are playing games and some of them are buying the better IMO consoles.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:29 pm

crait wrote:My roommate hasn't played his Wii since he bought it. My cousins don't play theirs since they bought it. I don't know anyone that plays it more than once a month. If you call that success, then you've got a weird way of looking at it.

Success is they all bought one. Yes, Nintendo wants to keep playing it, buying more games, ect...but they still made you put down $200+- for the dang thing that you play maybe once a month.

We have a Wii that doesnt get much action (...see what I did there?) because I am the main gamer in the house and have a 360. Nintendo still got $200 from my family as well as the RECORD setting sale of a console sold though. Thats all they really wanted. They were a success this generation.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the DS will always be the PSP for small children. We all used to play Mario when we were young, why play the same game now? If I wanted to play Mario again, I'd pull out my SNES; and lets be honest, what other games would anyone over eighteen buy a DS for?

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks:
crait
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Diehard335 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the DS will always be the PSP for small children. We all used to play Mario when we were young, why play the same game now? If I wanted to play Mario again, I'd pull out my SNES; and lets be honest, what other games would anyone over eighteen buy a DS for?

i know a few people my age that consider themselves hardcore gamers that play the PokeMon games like they're crack. and i have been known to partake of them myself. would i buy another DS to play them though? yes since my last DS i broke (on accident) after i gave it to my mom so i need to get another one to replace it.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 am

BKFraiders7, by that logic, http://rochesterchiro.files.wordpress.c ... rbands.jpg are successful, too, even though the company that made them admitted that they are a scam. Just because something sells doesn't make it successful. Something is successful when it benefits people and the gaming industry. What has the Wii done? Make people get healthy? Nah, it hasn't done that. Deliver great games? Nah, it hasn't done that with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 games... Offer continuous replay value? Nah, it hasn't done that. The SNES is a great example of how much a console can offer and deliver for its time. Even up to and after the release of the N64, many, many people played their SNES's.
I remember someone saying that the Wii would be so awesome to play games on. Well, unless it provided an actual good controller for games, I wouldn't even be able to play them on. Have you ever typed on the Wii? The accuracy of the controllers are extremely horrid. That's why they don't use motion controlling for games like the Super Smash Brothers: It simply doesn't work on that console. And guess what, even then, many, many people plug in the Gamecube controller to play Smash because the controllers are not comfortable. This just goes to show that the console is all-around terrible. Graphics aren't up to par, low amount of at least decent games, poor accuracy/hardware, quantity of hardware purchases needed to play different games is through the roof, interface devices are all oddly shaped, the console lacks any actual features... The plus-side of it? It has games that are not games at all and are exercise tutors? Is that a successful accomplishment? Nah, the Wii sucks and hopefully Nintendo will learn. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I hate the Wii and DS.
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:30 am

crait wrote:BKFraiders7, by that logic, http://rochesterchiro.files.wordpress.c ... rbands.jpg are successful, too, even though the company that made them admitted that they are a scam. Just because something sells doesn't make it successful. Something is successful when it benefits people and the gaming industry. What has the Wii done? Make people get healthy? Nah, it hasn't done that. Deliver great games? Nah, it hasn't done that with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 games... Offer continuous replay value? Nah, it hasn't done that. The SNES is a great example of how much a console can offer and deliver for its time. Even up to and after the release of the N64, many, many people played their SNES's.
I remember someone saying that the Wii would be so awesome to play games on. Well, unless it provided an actual good controller for games, I wouldn't even be able to play them on. Have you ever typed on the Wii? The accuracy of the controllers are extremely horrid. That's why they don't use motion controlling for games like the Super Smash Brothers: It simply doesn't work on that console. And guess what, even then, many, many people plug in the Gamecube controller to play Smash because the controllers are not comfortable. This just goes to show that the console is all-around terrible. Graphics aren't up to par, low amount of at least decent games, poor accuracy/hardware, quantity of hardware purchases needed to play different games is through the roof, interface devices are all oddly shaped, the console lacks any actual features... The plus-side of it? It has games that are not games at all and are exercise tutors? Is that a successful accomplishment? Nah, the Wii sucks and hopefully Nintendo will learn. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I hate the Wii and DS.

it has been proven that you can get more exercise by just exercising. also when it comes to the games on the Wii and the DS they are sub par at best. i agree that the SNES is a good console i am actually gonna buy me another one when i get the money up, however i must state once again that in my opinion the Wii is a success because it has brought more gamers into the fold than there was before.
Next

Return to General Chat