<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Patriotism

irishdragon85 wrote:for me it means loving your country and it's principles even if you don't like the people that are leading it.

A country and its principles are unrelated to the people leading it.
As a US Citizen, you have the right to strip power from those in power if they're found to be un-patriotic.
However, as a US Citizen you have no real rights.
You know, food for thought.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:36 am

Ok,
you stupid idiots obviously don't know what patriotism is...
Patriotism is liking your country's page on facebook.
:P :P
-Formerly DCM
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Diehard335 wrote:For me, patriotism is to be willing to do anything for your country, even if it includes Torture, Death, war, to smaller things like public service - and expect nothing in return.

If I was told to put a bullet in my head for my country tomorrow, I'd happily do it, because I know my country has given me twenty five years of her life. No, you don't need to agree with the politicians, you just need to have faith in your people, and know that they will ultimately choose what is right for the future.

That doesn't mean I run around with my shirt off sprayed with white and red and a Molson in my hand, it just means that when the sh*t hits the fan, I serve my country before anything, and after everything.

That in my opinion is Patriotism. But that's just my opinion.

On that note, your example is most certainly not patriotism.
Its sheer retardation.

Patriotism, and being patriotic have nothing to do with being a mindless slave.
If you're patriotic, then you'll do whatever it takes to protect and help better your country and the beliefs it has.I say this all the time. Being patriotic doesn't mean you you should kill yourself if the president tells you to. Being patriotic is impeaching the president if he tells you to kill yourself.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:55 pm

roxfox64 wrote:
Diehard335 wrote:For me, patriotism is to be willing to do anything for your country, even if it includes Torture, Death, war, to smaller things like public service - and expect nothing in return.

If I was told to put a bullet in my head for my country tomorrow, I'd happily do it, because I know my country has given me twenty five years of her life. No, you don't need to agree with the politicians, you just need to have faith in your people, and know that they will ultimately choose what is right for the future.

That doesn't mean I run around with my shirt off sprayed with white and red and a Molson in my hand, it just means that when the sh*t hits the fan, I serve my country before anything, and after everything.

Its sheer retardation.

If you're patriotic, then you'll do whatever it takes to protect and help better your country and the beliefs it has.I say this all the time. Being patriotic doesn't mean you you should kill yourself if the president tells you to. Being patriotic is impeaching the president if he tells you to kill yourself.

Very fortunately for myself, I love my Prime Minister, and would kill myself if he told me to. That isn't being a slave, it's me saying I'd do something, for my own reasons. I love how my country is run, and who is running it. Honestly, why would you think I'm a slave to someone I elected? I want to be lead by him, which is why I elected him. Of course I will take command from him. Why are you so pessimistic about your country and it's leaders? If you don't like your president, why would you vote him in? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the logic behind it.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Diehard335 wrote:
roxfox64 wrote:

Its sheer retardation.

Very fortunately for myself, I love my Prime Minister, and would kill myself if he told me to. That isn't being a slave, it's me saying I'd do something, for my own reasons. I love how my country is run, and who is running it. Honestly, why would you think I'm a slave to someone I elected? I want to be lead by him, which is why I elected him. Of course I will take command from him. Why are you so pessimistic about your country and it's leaders? If you don't like your president, why would you vote him in? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the logic behind it.

I never said anything about my country or its leaders.
Its simple logic: If the leader of the country abuses his power(Example: Giving a civilian an order to kill themselves. Which, aside from not being a humanitarian thing to do, violates the unalienable rights of american citizens.) he needs to be stripped of said power. Thats how a high functioning country should work. I'm not being pessimistic about anything. This is how the US works, this is likely how your country works as well. When it comes to positions of power, and the orders given by said person. You may not judge them subjectively, you treat each and every order like its the first time. then keep track of the end result. When re-election time comes, then its time to be subjective again, only with how the person did as leader of your country. the person themselves, and the things the do outside of leading a country are of no consequence to them wanting to lead the country and to think otherwise would essentially make you just like most of the american idiots who treat elections like popularity contests, then want to get pissed off when their elected official wants to strip them of all of their rights, exactly what they said they would do the whole time. (( See Michigan's Governor ))
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:10 pm

I think Diehard is trying to say that even after knowing that his prime minister could do something awful, he would still allow it because all of the good he has done for their frozen country.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:23 pm

crait wrote:I think Diehard is trying to say that even after knowing that his prime minister could do something awful, he would still allow it because all of the good he has done for their frozen country.

Pretty much it; Lol, It's not like I just met him, he has lead our country for a while now.

And not something AWFUL, because I know he wouldn't do that.

As for a lot of good, he has created bases up north and sent a large number of Canadian forces personnel, tanks, aircraft, etc. to deter the Chinese, Russians, and (dare I say it) the Americans from grabbing our oil.

Looking forward to see our new Joint Strike Fighters in service :D.
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:41 am

Diehard335 wrote:
crait wrote:I think Diehard is trying to say that even after knowing that his prime minister could do something awful, he would still allow it because all of the good he has done for their frozen country.

Pretty much it; Lol, It's not like I just met him, he has lead our country for a while now.

And not something AWFUL, because I know he wouldn't do that.

As for a lot of good, he has created bases up north and sent a large number of Canadian forces personnel, tanks, aircraft, etc. to deter the Chinese, Russians, and (dare I say it) the Americans from grabbing our oil.

Looking forward to see our new Joint Strike Fighters in service :D.

sorry to burst your bubble Diehard but uhhh yeah if the Americans want your oil we will find some cause to just take it. :P just look at what happened in Iraq. ;) while i don't condone useless wars for no reason i am saying that if the country's leaders want something they will find some cause to take it. :P and us Americans do have a bit more fighting experience than you guys. ;)
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:59 am

I knew this statement would come up after I posted that, so I prepared a response.

I never said you couldn't take our oil if you really wanted to. I'm not naive enough to think in our current state we could fend off an attack from the Americans, you guys would obviously win, but our presence there would very much deter your government from making such a decision, since there would be A LOT of casualties on both sides, and I know from past experiences that the American public don't like mass military losses.

That being said, our military and population is growing at a very rapid rate, so if you wanted the oil, now would be the time to take it, or you're going to have a major fight on your hands. (our military shares technology with you guys, and vice-versa) So there would not be that technological edge you guys are used to in your wars.

Not saying we wouldn't make killer allies (as we already are) if the Chinese or Russians decided to move in - in which case we'd have a field day working together to destroy the common enemy.

irishdragon85 wrote:sorry to burst your bubble Diehard but uhhh yeah if the Americans want your oil we will find some cause to just take it.

They have.
Watch the whole thing if you want, skip to 8:00 to skip the Intro and cut to the chase.

And our response:

Best start coming up with another "cause to just take it", because this one didn't work. :wink:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm

irishdragon85 is right. We take stuff that doesn't belong to us. Is that right of us? No. Is it a common greed that represents properly the people of this country? No. Just one or two greedy people controlling the nation.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 pm

I'll be honest with you crait, I don't know why you guys are so upset about oil prices going up a few cents. ours is at $1.35/litre, which equates to much more than you pay. I was recently in the U.S. and was amazed at how much of an uproar about gas prices there was. Is saving a few cents really worth invading someone's country for?

BTW:One or two greedy people that the people of your country elected crait.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Diehard335 wrote:(our military shares technology with you guys, and vice-versa) So there would not be that technological edge you guys are used to in your wars.

This is an inaccurate statement. Yes, we share technology/weaponry because we know Americans have the Canadians backs if something happens..as well as vice versa.. but I can guarantee you we dont share our top stuff. An F22 (non modified version) for example is ONLY used by America and is not sold throughout the world. Im sure there are other weapons/vehicles as well.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I'll give you that BFK, The F-22 is, however the only vehicle (that I know of) in which Canada does not have a counterpart. Though we did help you guys develop this, and are buying a bunch soon. (a newer, smaller, FB varient)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_M ... ghtning_II

BTW, we don't share our top stuff either ;)
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Diehard335 wrote:I'll give you that BFK, The F-22 is, however the only vehicle (that I know of) in which Canada does not have a counterpart. Though we did help you guys develop this, and are buying a bunch soon. (a newer, smaller, FB varient)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_M ... ghtning_II

BTW, we don't share our top stuff either ;)

Oh, yea, there are variants all around the world Im sure! haha
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:01 pm

lol, you should see the new one China is making; It looks almost identical to the F-22. Hehe
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat