<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Congrats! I guess :/

Diehard335 wrote:He's right. Rather than fix my problem by turning my brightness down every time I go on THIS site, yes, it's ONLY this site. Why not just fix it by installing a new theme?

Didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Diehard335 wrote:defult needs to be set, because it is REALLY bloody white. Though I am using a 24" LED monitor...

I was poking around and found out that if I make the default theme optional for users to select than you won't be able to navigate the site, you will only see the forum. So yea, any themes we use have to be custom coded or whatever, but crait is the one to be talking to about this theme stuff.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

ace wrote:
Diehard335 wrote:defult needs to be set, because it is REALLY bloody white. Though I am using a 24" LED monitor...

I was poking around and found out that if I make the default theme optional for users to select than you won't be able to navigate the site, you will only see the forum. So yea, any themes we use have to be custom coded or whatever, but crait is the one to be talking to about this theme stuff.

Speaking of crait, where is he? Haven't seen him around in a couple of days...
-Formerly DCM
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

right now i am using my 19" HD LCD tv on my ps3 since i still need a motherboard for my comp but even on my comp which was a 17" LCD laptop screen i still got migranes if i stayed on the site for too long. thew white is just too bright even if i turn my brightness down the blue and red of the New Topic and Reply buttons are a bit as well about the only thign on the site that doesnt cause a migraine is the dark yellow/gold color of the Brewology name at the top left
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 am

Is it strange that I never felt anything before but after all of those posts the forum's colours are starting to hurt my eyes as well? :shock:
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:32 am

Da Cool Man wrote:Is it strange that I never felt anything before but after all of those posts the forum's colours are starting to hurt my eyes as well? :shock:

Haha, I think there is a medical condition for that? Like you hear stuff and you feel like you have them? Idk, I'm really surprised by how many people are complaining about this. Theres nothing we an do but still, unless everyone looks at the forum like 10in away from their screen at night with all the lights off idk.

Okay so once again does anyone have any suggestions for the site that can be done without server access?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:20 pm

ace wrote:
Da Cool Man wrote:Is it strange that I never felt anything before but after all of those posts the forum's colours are starting to hurt my eyes as well? :shock:

Haha, I think there is a medical condition for that? Like you hear stuff and you feel like you have them?

Nah, I think its just my mind... you know like you hear something, and then someone tells you that the person is saying something completely different, then you listen again and you hear it completely differently :P
-Formerly DCM
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 pm

I just read all this. We had decided on sending a mass email recently, but then stuff started happening. Really, until the homebrew of the PS Vita, I don't really see a way of attracting new members unless we make another package installer. The wii thing Brent and Nik did was amazing.

Then again, this site really doesn't have a leader directing the site either. Ace and I are the only people who regularly talk (if you can even call it that. Its rare) and agree on stuff. But neither of us are coders like Crait (who has done things like the forum layout without telling anybody). Nik is another story. For a while I was regularly talking to him. Got Talkita running and I got it listed on I think Lifehacker for him. It was great. But our talking fizzled after I stopped getting on AIM.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:26 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:I just read all this. We had decided on sending a mass email recently, but then stuff started happening. Really, until the homebrew of the PS Vita, I don't really see a way of attracting new members unless we make another package installer. The wii thing Brent and Nik did was amazing.

Then again, this site really doesn't have a leader directing the site either. Ace and I are the only people who regularly talk (if you can even call it that. Its rare) and agree on stuff. But neither of us are coders like Crait (who has done things like the forum layout without telling anybody). Nik is another story. For a while I was regularly talking to him. Got Talkita running and I got it listed on I think Lifehacker for him. It was great. But our talking fizzled after I stopped getting on AIM.

What do you mean "if you can even call it that"?! I thought we had something special burger king! That hurts, that really hurts.

:p But really I concur, I rarely get on aim as well so I haven't talked to nik in ages.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 pm

ace wrote:
BKFraiders7 wrote:I just read all this. We had decided on sending a mass email recently, but then stuff started happening. Really, until the homebrew of the PS Vita, I don't really see a way of attracting new members unless we make another package installer. The wii thing Brent and Nik did was amazing.

What do you mean "if you can even call it that"?! I thought we had something special burger king! That hurts, that really hurts.

:p But really I concur, I rarely get on aim as well so I haven't talked to nik in ages.

Whatever Ace :p I meant that you are probably the person I PM the most, but still its rare.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote: But our talking fizzled after I stopped getting on AIM.

ace wrote:I rarely get on aim as well so I haven't talked to nik in ages.

So get the lazy asses on AIM. :P
Yeah I know... where is crait :? haven't seen him in a while. TBH haven't seen some people, who used to hang out here pretty often, in a while like JWP, AdventWolf, timeloop, airplanes, asdasit, lightalistor, e.t.c. ...
-Formerly DCM
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:
ace wrote:

Speaking of crait, where is he? Haven't seen him around in a couple of days...

He's juggling School and home life right now, he seems pretty busy.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 am

We need to get https://www.vbulletin.com/ I'll donate some money to make this possible.
ImageImage
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Would it be possible to move all of our forum posts, etc. to that cms?
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 am

hmmm. any of you know CSS? you guys can try tweaking the CSS so its not so white and ill switch it out after.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat