Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Cat Saves Owner's Life Just Hours After Being Adopted!

<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Cat Saves Owner's Life Just Hours After Being Adopted!

A newly-adopted cat repaid his owner's loving gesture earlier this month by saving her from a medical emergency just hours after he was brought home, the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.

Amy Jung and her son Ethan stopped into The Humane Society near their home in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin on Feb. 8 to play with the cats, but one feline -- a 21-pound orange-and-white cat named Pudding -- stood out to the pair. Jung learned that the laid-back cat had been in and out of the shelter since 2003, and made an impulsive decision to adopt him and his friend Wimsy.

Jung said the cats wasted no time fitting into their new home when they arrived. But just hours later, the Jungs' happy day took a turn for the worse. Soon after going to bed, Amy Jung, who has had diabetes since childhood, started having a diabetic seizure in her sleep.

That's when Pudding sprang into action. The fast-acting feline sat on Jung's chest in an attempt to wake her up and when that didn't work, he nudged and nipped her face until she briefly returned to consciousness.

In that moment, Jung was able to call out to her son Ethan, but he couldn't hear her calls. Luckily, Pudding darted into Ethan's room and pounced on the bed until he woke up and was able to call for help.

Jung told the Press Gazette that she believes she wouldn't have made it through the night without Pudding -- an opinion her doctors share. Pudding is now being registered as a therapy animal, and has learned to sit by Jung's feet and meow when he senses that her blood sugar is low.

Source : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/cat-saves-womans-life-hours-adopted_n_1293820.html
-Formerly DCM
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Cat Saves Owner's Life Just Hours After Being Adopted!

wow. if thats true... thats crazy.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

pure luck nothing else.
Being redone
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:09 am

Alex Finlay wrote:pure luck nothing else.

Doubt it. Not saying the cat's magical or something, but the cat was really quite smart!
-Formerly DCM
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:10 am

Alex Finlay wrote:pure luck nothing else.

Must not be a cat person. :P Personally i love cats more than small dogs ( i hate small breeds of dogs with a passion) and i own both cats and dogs. Cats are some of the smartest animals out there. I had one as a kid who used to wake me up every morning at the same time by purring in my ear so i could go to school. But he was smart enough to know to leave me alone on weekends. :P Same goes for all of my cats i used to have night terrors real bad as a kid and every time i would get one my cats would always come and wake me up and then when i calmed down they would sleep on my bed with me. Cats may be crazy at times but that crazyness is just hiding the fact that they are extremely smart and can learn anything you can teach a dog. (they are just too haughty to do it though :P) this picture sums it up perfectly.

<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 am

There's been so many studies of cats being able to sense when people are in trouble.

I don't know if it's true or not, but certainly interesting. lol
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm

I got really hammered at a party one night, came home, and ehermm, "let myself wind down" in a pot on my bed. My cat came and slept on my back the whole night, and was still there when I woke up in the morning. haha

Return to General Chat