<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 am

Facebook charging. For Real?

As you know a while back, facebook implemented this change where if you weren't 'friends' with someone, if you sent them a message, it would go to the 'other' folder in their inbox.

Well, now, (not for everyone yet), they've re-added the option of sending a message to someone who isn't your friend, and the message gets sent to their main inbox folder. But it's for a price.

Have your say...
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu May 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Facebook charging. For Real?

They have ab-so-lute-ly EVERY right to implement charges for this purpose, but as an idea for "people", it's miserable. I understand why they're doing this. They can crack down on "bot" type of accounts and accounts used for fraudulent purposes like scamming and things and make a dollar on the side. So... as a "company" idea, perfect!

Bad policy, however, considering that they're business is namely internet-related and there's one or two other places online that don't charge you money to talk to randoms. There are even entirely free sites dedicated to it for dating and such lol.
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu May 02, 2013 6:26 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:They have ab-so-lute-ly EVERY right to implement charges for this purpose, but as an idea for "people", it's miserable. I understand why they're doing this. They can crack down on "bot" type of accounts and accounts used for fraudulent purposes like scamming and things and make a dollar on the side. So... as a "company" idea, perfect!

Bad policy, however, considering that they're business is namely internet-related and there's one or two other places online that don't charge you money to talk to randoms. There are even entirely free sites dedicated to it for dating and such lol.

Welcome back, I hope :P

As for the facebook thing, I understand why they did it as well, but to be honest, most people don't even know that they have an "other" folder, or don't check it. I mean, sometimes you don't have people on facebook, for example if you're keeping stuff personal so you don't add colleagues or people who you're friends with but find annoying so you don't add them, when you send a message even if you've got plenty of mutual friends, it goes to their "other" folder.

The problem is that, facebook normally has a text pointing out towards every new feature they have, but when the "other" folder started working like this, they never highlighted it like they do other things. Like I said, I know lots of people who didn't know what the "other" folder was and so they were missing out on loads of messages from people.
-Formerly DCM
<<

TheodoreHill

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 am

I know that because of the pandemic, people have started to go crazy. This applies to all areas of life. I personally noticed this when I spend a lot of time on https://romancingcupid.com/. You can check it out and spend time with someone. I'm sure you will remember this forever. Interacting with other people is about finding new acquaintances and new relationships.
<<

Heridan

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 am

Well I do not know. I didn't go crazy because of the pandemic and I knew about the existence of dating sites for a long time. I wasn't interested in idle flirting or having fun with women. I was looking for a lady. Thankfully, I managed to find my soulmate named Gloria on this original site for dating. You should try it, too.
<<

costi001

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat May 29, 2021 2:32 pm

one mo

<<

maxxxivo

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer